These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2376
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005045
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
This looks really smart. I got the purple one and thought it looked rather neat. However, after less than 2 months use, every corn This looks really smart. I got the purple one and thought it looked rather neat. However, after less than 2 months use, every corner has cracked. Some pieces have fallen off and once it cracks, the crack extends!! It has not been dropped or banged and has not been in a bag. I would suggest the plastic is too brittle. A more flexible substance needed. …
- Written by Dawn R from Chorley
22 of 22 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does the clear case yellow with time?
- Asked by Jason M from North Las Vegas
No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the c No, my mum has the clear one and it looks good a year later. However the little tabs that hold the case on have all fallen off and the cases no longer stays on! …
- Answered by Ayeshea S
I have a 13” Macbook Pro with a DVD player. Does the shell allow access to the DVD slot? I’m guessing no.
- Asked by Kimberly U from Poulsbo
Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will al Provided you select the correct one from the product page, yes this will fit that and yes it will allow access to the DVD drive, the product images verify this. …
- Answered by Alexander S
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
Can you see decals with this case on?
- Asked by Audrey R from Round Rock
Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colou Yes the Apple logo can be seen when the lid is open. Illuminated in a soft version of the case colour. I chose the purple for my 13" Macbook Pro with RD which is actually a very pleasing glossy 'burgundy' colour. …
- Answered by Robert M from Dolls Point
Do these cases cause overheating? Is there good ventilation?
- Asked by Monika G from Corapeake
There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope There is good ventilation due to the fact that there is a space left open for the fans to work. Hope this helps you! …
- Answered by Brad M from Kitchener