These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2352
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709004802
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Cheap and shoddy
I installed this (blue version) on my MB Pro 8th Nov 2013.
Today (16th Feb 2014) I noticed that every time I hit a key on the mac I installed this (blue version) on my MB Pro 8th Nov 2013.
Today (16th Feb 2014) I noticed that every time I hit a key on the macbook it was buzzing, like something was loose inside.
I picked it up off the desk to have a look around and underneath and guess what?
The lower half of the 'case' fell off onto the desktop, inspection revealed that the top right corner had simply snapped off, hence loose case and buzzing.
This MBPro lives in one room and is carefully put away in its case every evening so not as though its dragged around all day!!
Don't waste your money.
Contacted Speck today to get a refund, will also try apple but not hopeful. …
- Written by Mark B from PLYMOUTH
0 of 1 people found this useful
Speck 15" SmartShell Case for MacBook Pro
I bought the clear version of this and am so impressed. I wanted to keep my lovely new 15" MacBook Pro from getting any scratches I bought the clear version of this and am so impressed. I wanted to keep my lovely new 15" MacBook Pro from getting any scratches on it and this does the job very well. It clicks on easily and fits snugly, feels strong but is hardly visible. I would totally recommend this. …
- Written by Annabel E from Aylesbury
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this case fit the new macbook pro retina 13" late 2013 model
- Asked by Fraser P
I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display I recently purchased a new macbook retina and speck case. The top part that connects to the display fits like a glove. However the bottom part with the main body of the keyboard is a little loose. I think this is due to the fact that new new MBPr is 1mm thinner than the earlier model. I'm considering returning the speck case tomorrow in to wait for the new MBPr case. …
- Answered by Lucia S from Seekonk
does it come in a size for macbook air 11"
- Asked by Chris S
No answers yet
do speck smartshell case put scratch on laptop while yo taking off or putting back on
- Asked by Beant B from Mission
I have removed mine several times, and had no problems at all with scratching. You should be sure to I have removed mine several times, and had no problems at all with scratching. You should be sure to wipe the MBP outside, and inside the shell with a soft cloth to make sure no contaminants are present to mar the finish. …
- Answered by Kerry B from Walla Walla
Does anyone got mold under the shell?
- Asked by Cecile L
My wife and I have had these shells on our MBP''s for a fair time. Hers is red, at least 2 years, an My wife and I have had these shells on our MBP''s for a fair time. Hers is red, at least 2 years, and mine, a blue one, about a year and a half. neither machine has any growth of any kind under the shell. I suspect someone spilled liquid on, or sat the MBP in question in or on a wet area. Possibly they used it in a high humidity area. the shell isn't sealed, and has vent holes in the underside, so I would very much be surprised that there would mold, mildew or any other growths inside. Provided it wasn't used in the Amazon rain forest. …
- Answered by Kerry B from Walla Walla
Will this case show finger prints and oil marks? Is it also easy to clean?
- Asked by Jasmine G from Calgary
it's quite finger print proof
- Answered by Darren P
Is the lime green case lighter in person?
- Asked by Zane Y from Richmond Hill