Parallels Desktop 9 is a fast, seamless and intuitive way to run Windows and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Seamlessly run a wide variety of Windows applications you need for university on your Mac, including engineering, architecture and graphics-intensive programmes. DirectX 9.0c/9Ex and Shader Model 3 support, improved hard drive performance and other enhancements help get your reports and projects done faster, leaving you more time for fun and games.
Extensive Mac OS support
Parallels Desktop 9 brings Mac OS X features like Launchpad and Dictation to Windows apps, and is compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4) and OS X Lion (10.7.5), OS X Lion (10.6.4) and OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) .
In addition to Windows 8, Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux and Google Chrome OS. Sync to your iCloud without unnecessary duplication of files locally.
If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Whichever way you choose to work, you’ll see no compromises in performance.
A must-have in the Mac-based business
An office full of Macs can still run the business-critical Windows applications that you, your customers, and your partners need.
Perfect if you're new to Mac
Start with the familiar look of Windows. Then add more and more of the Mac look, feel, and experience to your Windows programs at your pace.
- Seamlessly run Windows and Mac apps on one Mac
- Install Windows on a Mac in just three steps
- Run Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP and more
- Use FaceTime, OS X gestures, Dictation, Launchpad and Mission Control with Windows apps
Did you notice?With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can run Windows, Linux and even Google Chrome OS on your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForRunning the Windows apps you need for university on your Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac licence
- Installation and quick reference guide
- Activation card
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software, online back up and recovery trial subscriptions
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks; OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 or later
- Intel-based Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- At least 700 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop
- Minimum 2 GB of memory, 4 GB recommended
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829001329
- *Windows and other operating systems sold separately
- Software languages include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Portuguese and Russian
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Do I also need to buy a Windows OS, e.g. Windows 8.1?
- Asked by Paul I
Yes, you will need to provide your own Windows disc.
- Answered by Adrian T
does this mean using parcells desktop 9 you can play pc games on your mac
- Asked by Julie M
Thats correct, make sure your Mac's graphic card is good enough to handle heavy games.
- Answered by Masood H
How much gigabytes will it take up on my macbook pro retina?
- Asked by Gavin A
Depending on your settings, it will take about 500MB then windows will take about 5GB, after that yo Depending on your settings, it will take about 500MB then windows will take about 5GB, after that you can allocate certain percentage of your storage dedicated to windows. I would allow at lease 10GB if I were you. …
- Answered by Masood H