Parallels Desktop 9 is a fast, seamless and intuitive way to run Windows and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Run your day-to-day Windows productivity applications with ease.
Parallels Desktop 9 brings Mac OS X features like Launchpad and Dictation to Windows apps, and is compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4) and OS X Lion (10.7.5), OS X Lion (10.6.4) and OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) .
In addition to Windows 8, Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux and Google Chrome OS. Sync to your iCloud without unnecessary duplication of files locally.
If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Whichever way you choose to work, you’ll see no compromises in performance.
- Seamlessly run Windows and Mac apps on one Mac
- Install Windows on a Mac in just three steps
- Run Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP and more
- Use FaceTime, OS X gestures, Dictation, Launchpad and Mission Control with Windows apps
Did you notice?With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can run Windows, Linux and even Google Chrome OS on your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForRunning both Mac and Windows apps side by side on your Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac licence
- Installation and quick reference guide
- Activation card
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software, online back up and recovery trial subscriptions
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks; OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 or later
- Intel-based Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- At least 700 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop
- Minimum 2 GB of memory, 4 GB recommended
- Mfr. Part Number: PDFM9L-BX1-NT-EN
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829001428
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- *Windows and other operating systems sold separately
- Software languages include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Portuguese and Russian
Ratings & Reviews
Parallels Desktop - PC Emulation at its best
I am now a keen Mac convert, but have found it hard to relinquish the PC environment altogether. So, Parallels Desktop gives me th I am now a keen Mac convert, but have found it hard to relinquish the PC environment altogether. So, Parallels Desktop gives me the best of both worlds, allowing the two to run at the same in different windows. It is ideal for specialist programs that do not have a Mac version The mapping software I use on my GPS is PC-only, but runs perfectly efficiently under the Windows emulation. What more could I wish for? …
- Written by Hilary L from Peterborough
35 of 38 people found this useful
Empower your Mac with the best of your PC programs
Excellent go-between the operating systems, enabling the speed and reliability of the iMac and all your favourite PC programs. Wo Excellent go-between the operating systems, enabling the speed and reliability of the iMac and all your favourite PC programs. Wouldn't want to be without it. …
- Written by David A from Haslemere
28 of 31 people found this useful
Although I have owned VMWare Fusion in the past, I have stuck with Parallels for the last 2 versions and have not been disappointe Although I have owned VMWare Fusion in the past, I have stuck with Parallels for the last 2 versions and have not been disappointed …
- Written by Mark D from Edinburgh
26 of 28 people found this useful
Allows me to seamlessly run legacy windows programs on my mac
- Written by Darren P from Northampton
2 of 2 people found this useful
Better than running native Windows
Love to quickly pop into Windows if I need to, handy at times. Also run Linux on the side.
- Written by Theo S from London
2 of 3 people found this useful
Easy to install and easy to use. I had an initial problem with screen layout but product support was very helpful and sorted out Easy to install and easy to use. I had an initial problem with screen layout but product support was very helpful and sorted out the issue very quickly. As a Windows user of many years it is a relief to know that all my old software and data is still available. …
- Written by David A from LYTHAM ST. ANNES
3 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is the microsoft programme come with this ?? or need to install externally??
- Asked by Poh Yee W from Batu Caves
As the description says it doesn't come with any software. You need to provide your own MS Windows a As the description says it doesn't come with any software. You need to provide your own MS Windows and/or software and licences. …
- Answered by Mark M
Is it compatible with Maverick 10.9.1?
- Asked by Anand C from Brisbane
- Answered by Michael F
How much gigabytes will it take up on my macbook pro retina?
- Asked by Gavin A
Depending on your settings, it will take about 500MB then windows will take about 5GB, after that yo Depending on your settings, it will take about 500MB then windows will take about 5GB, after that you can allocate certain percentage of your storage dedicated to windows. I would allow at lease 10GB if I were you. …
- Answered by Masood H
Possible to download this software after my purchase? As I am based in China, just buying from Singapore website.
- Asked by Su Hui T