Let your imagination light up your home with the Philips Hue LightStrips. Download the Philips hue app to your iPhone or iPad and choose from over 16 million colours to set the mood of a room, highlight furniture or fixtures or create architectural features in your living space. Run them along shelves, under a TV or even around your favourite painting. And because they use LED light, these flexible LightStrips are long-lasting and highly efficient, helping you save on your energy bills.
- Connect wirelessly to the Philips Hue bridge
- Create a personal lighting scheme from your iPhone or iPad
- Create light settings based on your favourite photos
- Control your light strips remotely from anywhere
- Two metres of flexible LightStrips, which can be cut to size
- Up to 16 million colours
- 120 lumen output
- Adheres to any solid surface
Did you notice?The LightStrips can be controlled via your iPhone or iPad.
Apple Recommends ForCreating stunning lighting effects in your home.
What's in the Box?
- 2 m Philips Friends of Hue LightStrips
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 0.3 cm
- Width: 1 cm
- Weight: 260 g
- Length: 200 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 729935548
- UPC or EAN No.: 8718291488941
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Meet the hue app. The amazing way to control every Philips hue bulb in your home. All in the palm of your hand. It makes the light switch look like it came from the Dark Ages.
With hue, you’ll see light in a whole new way. It lets you play with tone, contrast and colour to create any lighting mood you could dream of. It’s clever, intuitive and connected. It‘s so much more than just a light bulb.
We call it PERSONAL WIRELESS LIGHTING.
hue lets you express who you are, through the way you light your home. With a vast palette of light and colour. So you can set your inner Picasso free.
hue can be wherever you want and you can access it whenever you want. Any room. Any space. All wirelessly, through your smart device. Clever, hey?
At its heart, hue is a lighting solution for the home. It’s functional and practical. But it can also be emotive and inspiring. It’ll change the way you think about home lighting. Forever.
See what hue can do for you:
- Can a light bring back your fondest memories? hue can.
Choose your favourite holiday photos from your library and use the colour picker to recreate the ambience of that safari sunset, island paradise or snow-
- Can a light be a better guard dog than your guard dog? hue can.
Turn your lights on or off remotely using your iPhone or iPad. Even set the lights to come on automatically, just before you return home.
- Can a light help you get better grades? hue can.
Use the ‘CONCENTRATE’ Light Recipe to help you pay attention and stay focussed for longer.
- Can a light help you unwind after a long, hard day? hue can.
The ‘RELAX’ Light Recipe sets your lights to a specific yellow-white tone, scientifically proven to have a calming effect.
The possibilities are endless with hue.
Requires iOS4 and the Philips hue starter pack (3 Philips hue bulbs and hue bridge). Single bulbs can then be added, up to a maximum of 50 per bridge.
Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch (3rd gen), iPod Touch (4th gen), all iPads.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Requires Hue Bridge? Since this is brand new I think they forgot to mention that fact.
- Asked by Yannick R from Davis
Yes, it does require Hue Bridge. As stated under the Highlights section of the product page: "Requir Yes, it does require Hue Bridge. As stated under the Highlights section of the product page: "Requires a Philips Hue bridge, which is available from the Apple Online Store as part of the Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starter Pack." …
- Answered by Richard R from Richmond Hill
How long is the cord from the power supply to the start of the light strip?
- Asked by John B from Wodonga
The total length is 5.6 meters (18.37 ft) , from power supply to LED strip is about 3.6 meters (11.8 The total length is 5.6 meters (18.37 ft) , from power supply to LED strip is about 3.6 meters (11.81ft) ; LED strip is 2m long (6.56ft). …
- Answered by Hairo G V from Miami
Can the strip be "on" all the time, even when it's not outputting any light? I want to have this hidden and only control lighting from the iPhone App.
- Asked by Oded S from East Hanover
Yes, it is possible to turn these lightstrips on and off exclusively using the Hue app on your iPho Yes, it is possible to turn these lightstrips on and off exclusively using the Hue app on your iPhone. This is exactly how I use mine. It plugs directly into an AC outlet and is controlled by the app (on/off, color, brightness). …
- Answered by Marian P from Columbia
can you control each LED separately or can you only control each strip separately
- Asked by Stephen W from Wahaiwa
you control the strip not each LED
- Answered by Francoismaxime L from Quebec
If I buy two or more, can I connect each other in sequence?
- Asked by Carlos Eduardo B from North Las Vegas
No, not as designed. Some LED light strips can be daisy-chained together, but Philips includes no h No, not as designed. Some LED light strips can be daisy-chained together, but Philips includes no hardware for doing this with the LightStrips, nor do they indicate that it's supported. Although you might be able to do this with a soldering iron and some patience, since Philips does not support this, I would not recommend it; the power supply is likely not rated for longer lengths. …
- Answered by Mathew S from Columbia