Part of the Philips LivingColors family, the Bloom colour-changing lamp connects to the Philips Hue app, meaning you can control your lighting from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with the swipe of a finger.
Using innovative LED technology, Bloom is long-lasting and highly efficient, helping you save money on your energy bills while still lighting your home at up to 120 lumens. Choose from 16 million colours to match the moment or your mood. Use lighting effects to add accents to your home, illuminate certain features or wash your walls with vibrant shades.
- Wireless connectivity via your existing Philips Hue bridge
- Create light settings based on your favourite photos
- Tune, dim and control your Bloom from anywhere
- Up to 16 million colours
- 120 lumen output
Did you notice?Bloom uses LED technology to help you save money and energy.
Apple Recommends ForCreating and controlling your personal lighting scheme from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Philips LivingColors Bloom Lamp
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 10.1 cm
- Width: 13 cm
- Weight: 420 g
- Length: 12.6 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 729976048
- UPC or EAN No.: 8718291488682
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Meet the hue app. The amazing way to control every Philips hue bulb in your home. All in the palm of your hand. It makes the light switch look like it came from the Dark Ages.
With hue, you’ll see light in a whole new way. It lets you play with tone, contrast and colour to create any lighting mood you could dream of. It’s clever, intuitive and connected. It‘s so much more than just a light bulb.
We call it PERSONAL WIRELESS LIGHTING.
hue lets you express who you are, through the way you light your home. With a vast palette of light and colour. So you can set your inner Picasso free.
hue can be wherever you want and you can access it whenever you want. Any room. Any space. All wirelessly, through your smart device. Clever, hey?
At its heart, hue is a lighting solution for the home. It’s functional and practical. But it can also be emotive and inspiring. It’ll change the way you think about home lighting. Forever.
See what hue can do for you:
- Can a light bring back your fondest memories? hue can.
Choose your favourite holiday photos from your library and use the colour picker to recreate the ambience of that safari sunset, island paradise or snow-
- Can a light be a better guard dog than your guard dog? hue can.
Turn your lights on or off remotely using your iPhone or iPad. Even set the lights to come on automatically, just before you return home.
- Can a light help you get better grades? hue can.
Use the ‘CONCENTRATE’ Light Recipe to help you pay attention and stay focussed for longer.
- Can a light help you unwind after a long, hard day? hue can.
The ‘RELAX’ Light Recipe sets your lights to a specific yellow-white tone, scientifically proven to have a calming effect.
The possibilities are endless with hue.
Requires the Philips hue starter pack (3 Philips hue bulbs and hue bridge). Single bulbs can then be added, up to a maximum of 50 per bridge.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
If you have philips Hue already then you really should as the LivingColours Bloom. It really adds to a rooms ambiance if you are c If you have philips Hue already then you really should as the LivingColours Bloom. It really adds to a rooms ambiance if you are creating scenes and its simple to install, set up and move around too. I now have two of these and will definitely get more. …
- Written by Richard J from Reading
4 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can the color change at preset intervals?
- Asked by Bernard H from Key Biscayne
Yes, there are various third party apps that allow you to rotate colours, use set colour profiles/ef Yes, there are various third party apps that allow you to rotate colours, use set colour profiles/effects, et cetera... Two of my favourites:
Scintillator – This app lets you change the colours at a preset interval or even to special effects, i.e. like flickering candles, fading, et cetera...
Goldee – This is more of a dynamic lighting app, not customizable but it gently shifts the colours based on one of the preset theme, like how natural light from the sun shifts because of clouds, shadows, et cetera. …
- Answered by Jesse A from East Boston
Requires Hue Bridge? Since this is brand new I think they forgot to mention that fact.
- Asked by Yannick R from Davis
Yes it does. It also mentions that under the product review: "All it takes is an easy wireless conne Yes it does. It also mentions that under the product review: "All it takes is an easy wireless connection with your existing Philips Hue bridge." …
- Answered by Jalal M from Aurora
Can this light be used outdoors (waterproof)? Also, how long is the AC cord?
- Asked by John A from Frederick
The Friends of Hue Bloom Lamp *cannot* be used outdoors. The power cord is approximately 6 feet lon The Friends of Hue Bloom Lamp *cannot* be used outdoors. The power cord is approximately 6 feet long. …
- Answered by Mathew S from Columbia