An Apple exclusive, Limited Edition Sphero 2.0 Revealed features a custom shell and inductive charger that showcases Sphero's inner robot. Control this amazingly smart - and smart looking - toy with your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and access more than 25 apps for a mesmerising experience.
Faster, brighter, smarter
Sphero 2.0 is entirely re-engineered to bring you a new perception of gaming. Advanced Sphero technology provides speeds of over two metres per second, multicolour LEDs that glow brighter than ever and smarter control with AI Superdrive capabilities. Powered by induction charging, Bluetooth connection and upgraded firmware, Limited Edition Sphero 2.0 Revealed can change the way you play.
Sphero apps create engaging, Mixed Reality gameplay
Sphero immerses you in a new type of gameplay called Mixed Reality, in which real and virtual elements are seamlessly merged together. With several free apps available for download (and more continually being developed), Sphero provides you with plenty of gaming thrills.
Simple, yet challenging
Sphero is easy to learn, but challenging to master. Controlling Sphero is intuitive - just tilt, swipe a finger or swing your iOS device and Sphero responds. And your experience changes with every new app you download.
Versatile fun up to 50 feet away
Thanks to a reliable Bluetooth connection, control is always responsive and fluid, even at long ranges, letting you control Sphero from across the room or even across the street. Steer through homemade obstacle courses, weave between feet or outmanoeuvre your family pet. And with a multicoloured LED, you can change Sphero's colour to suit your mood, play in the dark or create a team colour.
Big fun in a small package
Roughly the size of a cricket ball, Sphero is compact enough to slip into a bag or jacket pocket. But thanks to its LiPo battery, a single charge delivers over an hour of play. And Sphero charges inductively, with no cables or cords.
Apps and more apps
Choose from more than 25 apps and launch a whole new world of mobile gameplay. Run circles around your friends with Sphero's new engine, turn your living room into a video game with augmented reality apps like The Rolling Dead and upgrade family game night with multiplayer apps like ColorGrab. You can even get a crash course in programming Sphero with MacroLab.
- Gaming device that you control from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Multiple downloadable apps deliver new, inventive ways to engage
- Easily control by tilting or swinging your device, or use on-screen touch capability
- Turn your TV into game central with AirPlay and Apple TV and experience Sphero on the big screen
- Controls are easy to learn but take skill to master
- Integrates with apps built specifically for Sphero for nearly limitless play
- Customise the colour of Sphero's internal LED lights right from your iOS device
- Internal rechargeable LiPo battery lasts over an hour on a full charge
- Power Sphero up with cable-free induction charging
- Interact with Sphero from more than 50 feet away
- More than 25 free games and apps available from the iTunes App Store
Did you notice?Not only does it roll on smooth, flat surfaces and carpet, Sphero can also float and spin in water.
Apple Recommends ForImmerse yourself in a new world of gaming with a robotic ball controlled by your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
What's in the Box?
- Limited edition Sphero 2.0 Revealed robotic ball
- Limited edition inductive charging base
- Pop-out ramps
- Quick start card and user manual
- Height: 74mm/2.91 in.
- Width: 74mm/2.91 in.
- Weight: 168 g
- Length: 74mm/2.91 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: S003AP
- UPC or EAN No.: 851897003069
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- * Requires iOS 4 or later
Welcome to the classic driving experience for Sphero.
It’s easy to become an expert Sphero driver. Control Sphero with joystick or tilt. Create challenging courses, race against friends and family, or turn out the lights and enjoy some night racing.
You need to own a Sphero Robotic Ball in order to use this application! Visit gosphero.com to get Sphero, learn more from our tutorial videos, or become part of the Sphero community.
For exclusive content and the latest updates, become a fan of Sphero on Facebook at facebook.com/gosphero and follow us on Twitter at @gosphero
Enjoy your first drive! We’re certain you’ll have a ball.
° 2 different driving modes to keep your skills on point.
° Custom speed settings to allow for optimal control.
° Change Sphero to thousands of different colors.
° Simple aim button to adjust Sphero’s heading. …
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPad mini with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent but OP
Really great product to play with, the colours are really good and so is great for night use, me and my friends love playing with Really great product to play with, the colours are really good and so is great for night use, me and my friends love playing with the apps that come with it as well. However saying all of this I still don't think it is worth the full £100, possibly £80 would be fair. I do like the see through aspect of it as you can see the moving parts which is really interesting. Overall excellent but OP …
- Written by harry S from henfield
4 of 4 people found this useful
Great bit of fun!
I like it! Got it a few days ago...Theres 25 IOS apps you can dowload to play with it! Easy to set up! And really hard resistant. I like it! Got it a few days ago...Theres 25 IOS apps you can dowload to play with it! Easy to set up! And really hard resistant. Ive used it down a fight of stairs and it works! Waterproof! Few games you can play with! The modern version of a remote controlled car but a ball! …
- Written by Kishan S from Stanmore
16 of 20 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can two children play with two sphero balls at the same time in the same household, as long as they each have their own mac device?
- Asked by Ellen M. F from Essex Junction
Yes fully compatible with iPhone 5s.
- Answered by David B from Burnaby
I would like to know the battery life and how to replace the battery ?
- Asked by Ming L
You can play with Sphero for just over an hour and charge it via the induction charger that comes al You can play with Sphero for just over an hour and charge it via the induction charger that comes along with it (you do not replace the battery). …
- Answered by Ali A from Al Barsha 3
Limited Edition Sphero 2.0 comes with the ball, a user guide, two plastic ramps or jumps, a charging Limited Edition Sphero 2.0 comes with the ball, a user guide, two plastic ramps or jumps, a charging base with a cord (this also includes other outlet plugs for other countries). And also a little green stand type of a thing that can be put over your charging station. …
- Answered by Austin K from Hyrum
Yes, it is totally waterproof so you don't have to think twice before taking it for a swim!
- Answered by Roslyn T from Mumbai