Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The matte case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you can protect your MacBook on the go. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2177
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005199
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
reasonable quality, ease of use, watch out!
I bought the product, but changed it to the SmartShell Case soon after. Here's my experience:
- The screen cover I bought the product, but changed it to the SmartShell Case soon after. Here's my experience:
- The screen cover is a good fit.
- overall, a good fit, the material feels like good quality.
- the undercover part of the shell does not clip on to the lower side of the laptop towards the front (i.e. the part of the laptop facing you. Very bad, it almost hangs there.
- the "satin matt" finishing is great; however, be very careful if you have a form fitting leather case or something that you use with the MacBook Air. Because of the surface texture, it does not allow the laptop to slide into the cover.
Summary: The cons in my case override the pros, and so I asked for a change. …
- Written by Benni A from Vantaa
23 of 23 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it fit a 2009 macbook air model A1304?
- Asked by Ashley T from Los Lunas
No it would cover the drop down port and the sides are different. Have a look online for pearl cases
- Answered by P R S
Can the case affect cooling? I.e. cause overheating?
- Asked by Rkg E from Edinburgh
no, the cooling vent is not covered
- Answered by David S
Does this block the new dual mic on the MacBook Air 13" 2013?
- Asked by Marc P
No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confi No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confirm the case fits the latest generation of MBA. …
- Answered by Kevin H from Killarney Hts