Forget fiddly chest straps and confusing devices. The MIO Alpha is a continuous heart rate monitor watch that is both easy to use and accurate, even at performance speeds.
Comfortable wrist band
Using patented technology from the research labs at Philips Electronics, the Alpha is totally unobtrusive and has no fiddly set-up or chest strap to slide down or chafe. Instead, you wear it on your wrist. This clever heart rate monitor has a soft, stretchable silicone wrist band that ensures a snug fit that won’t slow you down.
Optimise your workouts
Heart rate training is an effective tool for endurance athletes, allowing them to measure and control the intensity of their workouts. By making sure you’re always working within the correct heart rate zone, you’ll maximise your efforts and perform at your peak.
Alpha is a true scientific breakthrough as it uses technology proven accurate at rest in medical use in a form that is now robust enough for sport. Light beams and an electro-optical cell 'sense' the volume of blood under your skin. Sophisticated algorithms are applied to the pulse signal so that the heart’s true rhythm can be detected, even while running at performance speeds.
Alpha uses Bluetooth Smart (4.0) technology to connect to compatible devices to measure speed, distance and pace.
- Designed with simplicity in mind
- Only essential features with two button navigation
- Continuous heart rate display
- Set your own heart rate zones with visual and audible alerts
- Data review (total exercise time, average heart rate, time 'in zone')
- Activity timer
- Connects to your iPhone using Bluetooth
Did you notice?This accurate heart rate monitor is so comfortable you can wear it all day.
Apple Recommends ForRunners, hikers, cyclists, athletes and fitness enthusiasts who are serious about their sport and wish to take their training to the next level.
What's in the Box?
- MIO Alpha Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor
- USB Charger
- Instruction Manual & warranty
- Height: 102 mm
- Width: 102 mm
- Weight: 275 g
- Length: 112 mm
- Mfr. Part Number: 53PBLK-INT
- UPC or EAN No.: 693472586600
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Strava Running and Cycling - GPS Run and Ride Tracker
“The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Fitness” -Fast Company
Track your runs and rides with GPS, join Challenges and see how your running and riding compares with friends.
TRACK YOUR RUNS AND RIDES WITH GPS
• Follow routes you’ve created or found and view your activity map as you record
• Get key stats like distance, pace, speed, elevation gained and calories burned
• Collect heart rate, power and cadence data from ANT+ and Bluetooth LE sensors
CLIMB THE LEADERBOARDS
• Set personal records and see how you stack up against friends, locals and pros
• Join monthly Challenges designed to push you further
• Find your friends and motivate them with kudos and and comments
• Share your activities on Facebook and Twitter
• Share Instagram photos from your activities on your Strava profile
FIND PLACES TO RUN AND RIDE
• Explore the most popular segments anywhere you go
• Filtered leaderboards by age and weight to see where you stack up
• Train more effectively with detailed heart rate analysis and see your Suffer Score
• Get your performance results immediately after completing a segment
• See which of your friends are currently out riding or running
• Stay on top of your game throughout the year with indoor training videos
• Visualize your training with Power Zone and Pace Distribution analysis
• Access to exclusive Premium gear, Shop discounts, and extra rewards all year
• These Premium features are available through in-app purchasing
Strava Premium is available for $5.99/month or $59.99/year. You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Note: Recording activities with iPod Touch and iPad version 1 will produce inaccurate location results. Additional hardware required to collect information from ANT+ sensors.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. …
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Has anyone successfully paired it with Polar Loop? Both devices are BlueTooth Smart, so they should work together. Help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Barry L from Maple
does it have a time feature like a regular watch?
- Asked by Seth W from Tyler
I bought this for my wife and the answer is yes. The time is the default mode. You hold down a but I bought this for my wife and the answer is yes. The time is the default mode. You hold down a button to turn on the HR monitor. The battery will only run 8-10 hours in HR mode, but will run weeks (months, maybe years?) if you just have it in time mode. You place it on top of a simple usb charger to recharge. …
- Answered by Alexander M from Charlotte
is it waterproof?
- Asked by Wayne V from Woden
Yes. Instructions say waterproof to 30 M, so no scuba diving.
- Answered by Alexander M from Charlotte
con i use it for swimming
- Asked by Tania P from Molendinar
Yes it is water resistant. Not for diving but recommended for swimming!
- Answered by Lindsay V from Calgary
Will it sync up with MyFitnessPal
- Asked by Barbara M from Lake Stevens
Yes, it does. I use it all of the time.
- Answered by Jamaal C from San Diego
Can this device be pair with the apps on an iPad?
- Asked by Alexandra M from West Bloomfield
Yes, iPad 2 or newer.
- Answered by Stephen F from Bowen Island