The Nessie adaptive USB mic from Blue Microphones dramatically simplifies recording. Just plug Nessie into the USB port of your Mac and it automatically adapts to whatever you’re recording, whether it's vocals, instruments or voiceovers. The mic applies professional studio processing and includes a built-in pop filter and shockmount, so you can capture beautifully finished sound without the need for additional mixing or editing.
- Professionally enhances audio for polished music demos, podcasts, interviews, YouTube broadcasts and more
- Adaptive processing automatically smoothes and refines audio in real time
- Built-in studio-grade pop filter and shockmount reduce harsh plosives and disruptive rumblings and vibrations
- Three flexible modes optimised for richer vocals, more detailed instruments or an option for raw audio for manual post-production
- Zero-latency headphone monitoring to eliminate distracting delay
- Headphone volume and instant mute located on the mic
- Single custom-tuned cardioid condenser capsule
- Serpentine adjustable head for flexible positioning
- Easy plug-and-play via USB with both Mac and PC
Did you notice?The Nessie adaptive mic is compatible with your iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
Apple Recommends ForInstantly creating polished music demos, podcasts, interviews and much more on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Nessie Adaptive USB Microphone
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz to 22 kHz
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- THD: 0.009%
- Input Type: USB
- Power: 100 mW
- Height: 25.4 cm/10 in. (In stand, home position)
- Width: 9.52 cm/3.75 in. (In stand, home position)
- Weight: 0.64 kg (In stand)
- Length: 9.52 cm/3.75 in. (In stand, home position)
- OS 10.4.11 or later
- 64 MB of RAM
- Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
- 64 MB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: 836213002025
- UPC or EAN No.: 836213002025
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Great For Podcasts & Commentaries!
I got this microphone straight from Apple website and its perfect. The audio quality is very high and perfect for YouTube, Podcast I got this microphone straight from Apple website and its perfect. The audio quality is very high and perfect for YouTube, Podcasts or anything you do. All you have to do is to remove the background noises if your computer is noisy. I love it for my YouTube Channel. …
- Written by Jakub F from Bandon
6 of 8 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can this be used with separate headphones like for Rosetta Stone?
- Asked by Wesley G from Mechanicsville
Yes, you can choose you mic-in and sound-out preferences in system preferences on mac.
- Answered by Max M from Toledo
What software does this use? What kind of file does it create? Can that file be imported to ProTools?
- Asked by Sharon M from Pasadena
Does it work well for singing vocals?
- Asked by George T from New Haven
No answers yet
does this mic work with the ipad?
- Asked by Cass D from Sheridan
Yes - see the product description: "Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connecti Yes - see the product description: "Compatible with iPad when you use the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)." User the Camera Connection Kit adapter (30-pin or Lightning to USB) and plug in the Nessie to record on your iPad. …
- Answered by Jeff C from Kingston