Speck’s SmartShell case works together with your Apple Smart Cover to provide full coverage of your iPad. Made from form-fitting hard plastic and just 1.2mm thick, SmartShell delivers sleek, impact-resistant protection. Plus, the back of the case securely attaches to the magnet in your Smart Cover when fully opened.
- Specifically designed for iPad, the SmartShell is an ideal match for your Apple Smart Cover
- Wrap-around convenience — the SmartShell secures the Smart Cover in place when open, allowing it to lie fat from edge to spine
- Ultra-thin (1.2mm), durable shell offers a solid protective layer
- Lightweight one-piece design is easy to snap on and off
- Cases for iPad are compatible with iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation); cases for iPad mini are compatible with iPad mini; cases for iPad mini with Retina display are compatible with iPad mini with Retina display
Did you notice?SmartShell secures your Smart Cover in place when open by using the Smart Cover’s magnet to attach to the SmartShell metal connector.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your iPad light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case for iPad
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Height: 1.65 cm/0.65 in
- Width: 14.48 cm/5.7 in
- Weight: 127.01 g/4.48 oz
- Length: 20.32 cm/8 in
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A1912
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709000453
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic, Simple Robust piece of kit
I bought this case for my wife as i noticed a few faint scratches on the back of her white iPad mini.
Fits very well, very snug I bought this case for my wife as i noticed a few faint scratches on the back of her white iPad mini.
Fits very well, very snug and doesn't move around, at all. The fit between the case and the Smart Cover is also very neat and it gives a more secure feeling to the iPad mini as before it felt like you were holding something very, very delicate.
It does add a little more weight, but to be honest you don't notice it.
The additional magnetic strip on the back to hold the Smart Cover open is also a great idea and prevents the cover from flapping around.
I'm now going to buy the larger one for my own iPad. (wish i had bought them sooner) …
- Written by Marc B from Drogheda
27 of 28 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the entire case the same color.? Images show the front as blue with only the back as black or white!
- Asked by Kevin S from River View
The case is black or clear and covers the back of the iPad. The blue cover you see in the photos is The case is black or clear and covers the back of the iPad. The blue cover you see in the photos is a Smart Cover sold separately. …
- Answered by Alice E L from Media
Will this fit with the new ipad mini with ratina?
- Asked by Worapong W from Oak Park
It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smart It doesn't have a cut out for the extra mic (at the back). Also on Speck's website, it shows a smartshell case for the retina version, but it says "coming soon", so I would think if they are releasing a case specifically for the retina version, I would imagine the original one isn't compatible. I have asked Speck if they know the release date for the new case but they don't know yet. …
- Answered by Julie B
Does the Speck SmartShell Case work for iPad AIR?
- Asked by Charles D from Madison
Can the speck smart shell case stands upright with d smart case cover when folded
- Asked by Bakre O from Abeokuta
Can this be used while using a smart COVER?
- Asked by Heather E from Massapequa
yes it can, on the left side there is a blank spot just for the smart case.
- Answered by Eric M from Valrico