Boost your sound with the Companion® 2 Series III speaker system from Bose. Designed to provide a wider and more natural soundscape – these speakers give your Mac a new voice. Experience a spacious, dramatic soundstage that seems to extend beyond the desktop speakers – whether you've set them next to your monitor or placed them farther apart. You'll also appreciate the clear, robust response for those challenging low musical notes and sound effects.
These sleek and compact speakers fit easily in their surroundings to save valuable desktop space. Dual inputs make it a snap to connect your computer and portable audio sources at the same time. Both volume control and the headphone jack sit on the front of one speaker to provide easy control over your listening experience.
- TrueSpace stereo digital processing brings added life to music, games, video and streaming media
- Wide, natural sound from only two speakers
- Digital signal processing for crisp, clear audio at all listening levels
- Reproduces sound effects with clarity from a small enclosure
- Dual inputs for easy connections to your computer and additional audio sources
- Volume control and headphone jack within easy reach
- Sleek, elegant design complements the look of your Mac
Did you notice?Dual inputs let you connect your Mac and iPod at the same time, so you don't have to fiddle about with wires when you want to change audio source.
Apple Recommends ForEnjoying stunning desktop audio from movies, music or games on your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Bose® Companion® 2 Series III Speakers
- Power charger and cable
- Connections: 1/8 Inch Stereo
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Power: AC/Mains
- Height: 180 mm/7.09 in.
- Width: 160 mm/6.3 in.
- Weight: 1800 g
- Length: 145 mm/5.71 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 354495-1100
- UPC or EAN No.: 017817602822
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Just do it...
Quite simply, you won't get much more for your money than these beauties. At 90 sovs you are on to a winner. Absolutely fantastic Quite simply, you won't get much more for your money than these beauties. At 90 sovs you are on to a winner. Absolutely fantastic sound quality for the price. Rich mid-range, decent bass and so, so easy to set up. You know it makes sense!! …
- Written by Tim A from Rickmansworth
18 of 18 people found this useful
Pure perfection for the price.
I spent days deciding on the right set of speakers to go with my iMac as I was fed up with the internal speakers. Having previousl I spent days deciding on the right set of speakers to go with my iMac as I was fed up with the internal speakers. Having previously had some Sony speakers with a separate sub, I thought that's what I would need again... not so, I still catch my self looking under my desk as I am convinced there is a sub there, but no it is just the perfectly designed Bose speakers. creating amazing, clear, balanced, room-filling sound.
The Companion 2 speakers are excellent value for money and they look great next to the iMac. A lifetime of support from Bose and superfast delivery from Apple also makes for a satisfying purchase.
I am now rediscovering my music library as it has opened up a whole new level of clarity. I find I don't miss the bass and treble adjustments on the speakers themselves because it was designed not to be messed with I guess! You could use digital equalizers if you want to fiddle with the sound output. A top notch set of computer speakers, so look no further and get yourself on the Bose ladder you won't regret it! …
- Written by Simon B from Wellington
51 of 52 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
do these speakers work with a mac mini?
- Asked by Holly E from Mayfield
Yes. I use these speakers with a Mac mini and they work well.
- Answered by Edward R from Mchenry
do these speakers work with tv's aswell as computers?
- Asked by Richard C
Will these speakers work with my ipad?
- Asked by Deborah W from Laredo
Absolutely - just plug them in to your headphone socket and away you go :-)
- Answered by Mike G
Can these speakers be used with an macbook air? Is any adapter needed?
- Asked by Hadi S
These connect via a standard 3.5mm headphone jack which all Macs have so yes, they will work!
- Answered by Lorenzo F
Is there a wireless speaker to work with both Macbook pro and iphone5?
- Asked by Kimberly Z from Keshena
You want an Airplay speaker. Philips have their Fidelio range with speakers from as little as £120. You want an Airplay speaker. Philips have their Fidelio range with speakers from as little as £120. I have several sets which combined with my Apple TV plugged into a decent HIFI, give me great sound all over the house. Work with all Macbook pro's running OSX 10.8 onwards and iPhone 5 and iPad etc. …
- Answered by Andrew H from Chester