The B&O PLAY Beolit 12 speaker system is designed for use with your iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch and other audio devices. In addition to impressive portable sound, it provides a natural resting place for charging your iPhone or iPod touch. You can even use multiple Beolit 12 units to create a superior multi-room sound system.
- Simple four-button user interface: Volume up and down, Network on/off, product on/off
- Built-in power supply and rechargeable battery
- Battery playtime: Up to 8 hours wired or 4 hours via AirPlay
- Compatible with Bang & Olufsen BeoPlayer App
- Software upgradeable via web interface
- Compatible with all Bang & Olufsen remotes
Did you notice?The dedicated Beolit Setup app (available from the App Store in iTunes) lets you set up your Beolit 12 directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Apple Recommends ForA portable speaker that lets you share superb audio from your iPhone or iPod touch wherever you go.
What's in the Box?
- Bang & Olufsen Beolit 12 speaker dock
- User guide
- Mains cord
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, USB
- Other Features: AirPlay
- Connections: AirPlay
- Speaker Configurations: 2.1
- Drivers: 120W digital Class D amplifier, two 2-inch tweeters, and one 4-inch woofer
- Power: 100-240V
- Power Source: AC, Battery Power, USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 7.48 in./18.8 cm
- Width: 5.31 in./13.3 cm
- Weight: 5.95 lb./2.8 kg
- Length: 9.05 in./23.0 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: 1290950
- UPC or EAN No.: 5705260039412
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- *When you register your B&O PLAY product at www.beoplay.com/register, you'll receive an automatic one-year warranty extension to your standard two-year warranty.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation 32GB/64GB
Ratings & Reviews
Just got the Beolit 12, by far the best sounding portable AirPlay speakers. Exceptional quality and enough volume to fill a large Just got the Beolit 12, by far the best sounding portable AirPlay speakers. Exceptional quality and enough volume to fill a large room. And being B&O it will last a lifetime due to the superb build quality. …
- Written by Stephen F from Preston
3 of 3 people found this useful
I love it'
Good and reliable
- Written by Bo Hagen B from Bagsværd
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I leave the beolit 12 plugged in all the time? Would it harm the battery?
- Asked by Arcot P from Paradise Valley
Yes you can leave it on it won't harm or damage the battery. B&O knows what they are doing and have Yes you can leave it on it won't harm or damage the battery. B&O knows what they are doing and have implemented a very well working battery handling so it's made to be left in all the time. I've done so for two years now and when I take it of the battery still gives me 8hours of music (with cable) …
- Answered by Troels S
Can I use it for listening to my tv. my tv has no wi fi?
- Asked by Wei X from Plymouth
Yes- it has a small (earphone style) auxiliary jack, but you'll need to supply your own cable.
- Answered by Gene Y from Nahant
Will it create its own wifi network for wireless playing when on the go and not connected to a network?
- Asked by Jeremy L from Sherman Oaks
Just to clarify this for everyone. Beolit 12 will not create it's own network, nor is it a Bluetooth Just to clarify this for everyone. Beolit 12 will not create it's own network, nor is it a Bluetooth unit. If you are on the go and want to use the unit wirelessly you can create a "Hotspot" using your Apple iPhone and the Beolit 12 will connect to your own created network from your phone. Wirelessly you will achieve up to 4 hours use but connecting a cable to your iPhone or other iPod will wive up to 8 hours playback. …
- Answered by Graham M
can i connect to beolit 12 from my macbook air wirelessly? also can i connect it to apple tv?
- Asked by Steffen H
yes, you can connect beolit 12 to MacBooks wirelessly. just turn on the airplay in iTunes or choose yes, you can connect beolit 12 to MacBooks wirelessly. just turn on the airplay in iTunes or choose beolit 12 as sound output from speaker icon in the mac os bar at the top (beside the wireless icon) …
- Answered by Ronald C
I have a big jambox and that unit has amazing sound and it is VEARY loud. Is the beo lit 12 as loud ?
- Asked by Courtnay P from Winnsboro
Yes, it is VERY loud and accurate. I don't own a "jam box" so, I cannot compare, but I can assure yo Yes, it is VERY loud and accurate. I don't own a "jam box" so, I cannot compare, but I can assure you that this speaker gets loud. …
- Answered by Joseph D from Chapel Hill
Will it work playing cd's on my computer?
- Asked by Katherine G from Mesa
Yes. I'm actually hearing a CD, which I run on my Mac, through my Beolit 12. I use iTunes to play th Yes. I'm actually hearing a CD, which I run on my Mac, through my Beolit 12. I use iTunes to play the CD (refuse to import it), works like a charm.
- Answered by Paul S