The Twelve South BackPack 3 is a sleek, sturdy shelf designed exclusively for your iMac or Apple Display. This slice of steel makes a perfect perch for hard drives, USB peripherals or action figures. Included vertical support pegs safely and securely prop up vertical-oriented drives, Time Capsule or even a MacBook Air. BackPack hangs on the back or front of your Mac using two clips and gravity. Built-in cable management rails hold your power cords in place for grab and go convenience. The shelf can support devices up to 1.6 kg. Vertical support pegs are coated in soft silicone to prevent scratches or marks on your device. The plastic mounting clips do not have any screws that come in contact with your Mac. Because it's height adjustable, you can hang two BackPacks on one Mac.
- Steel shelf designed for your iMac or Apple Display
- Hangs on the back or front of your iMac
- Perfect shelf for hard drives and other devices you would prefer to keep out of sight, but not out of reach
- Vertical support pegs securely prop up vertical-oriented drives or a MacBook Air; can be arranged in any formation along perforated base
- Built-in cable management rails prevent unplugged cables from slipping to the floor
- Supports devices up to 1.6 kg
- Perforations in shelf allow for maximum airflow and cooling
Did you notice?The BackPack 3 can support hard drives, a Time Capsule or even your MacBook Air.
Apple Recommends ForCreating a less cluttered, more serene workspace for your iMac and yourself.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BackPack 3 adjustable shelf
- Four silicone-coated vertical support pegs
- Assorted fit inserts to accommodate various size iMacs and Apple Displays
- Owner's manual
- Non-slip shelf pad
- Height: 2.01 cm/0.79 in.
- Width: 17.78 cm/7 in.
- Weight: 181.44 g
- Length: 9.91 cm/3.9 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 12-1302
- UPC or EAN No.: 851522002733
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.twelvesouth.com/warranty/)
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this work with the new iMac 5K?
- Asked by Mathew C
Yes it will. I just received mine a couple of days ago and this morning, I tried it... front and bac Yes it will. I just received mine a couple of days ago and this morning, I tried it... front and back. No worries. …
- Answered by Clement L
Can I attached two of these shelves to the iMac base - one pointing backwards behind the monitor, and one facing forward underneath the monitor?
- Asked by John M from Thornhill
Yes, you can do this. The BackPack 3 can be positioned at different heights on the iMac/Thunderbolt Yes, you can do this. The BackPack 3 can be positioned at different heights on the iMac/Thunderbolt Display/Cinema Display stand so you can have 2 on the back or one facing forward and one on the back. …
- Answered by Chris B from Rio Rancho
Will this work on a late 2009 21" iMac?
- Asked by Paul F
Yes, please have a look at the manufacturer's site.
Compatibility listed here:
21.5" iMac (la Yes, please have a look at the manufacturer's site.
Compatibility listed here:
21.5" iMac (late 2012):
Use #6 inserts for high install
Use #1 inserts for low install
27" iMac (late 2012):
Use #1 inserts for high install
Use #4 inserts for low install
27" Thunderbolt Display/ LED Cinema Display:
Use #4 inserts
21.5" iMac (late 2009-late 2011):
Use #3 inserts
27" iMac (late 2009-mid 2011):
Use #4 inserts
Legacy iMacs/Apple Displays:
Additional Fit inserts that offer compatibility for legacy Macs may be available. …
- Answered by David A from Bountiful
will the twelve back pack adjustable hold a ipad 2?
- Asked by Marilyn J
YES, i holded my iPad 1st gen and a USB drive together, it is OK. don't worry~~
- Answered by Eddie C