Accelerate your backup with USB 3.0
Using the LaCie P'9223 Slim hard drive's USB 3.0 interface, you'll be able to transfer files faster than ever before. Back up your photos, exchange audio and video files with your friends, and make sure that your important files are kept safe. With speeds up to 100 MB/s*, the possibilities are endless.
Designed for your Mac
Along with its ultra-thin profile to match your MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, the LaCie P'9223 Slim features a stylish, sophisticated aluminum finish. It's also Time Machine compatible, so you can seamlessly back up to the drive using built-in Apple software.
Porsche Design form, LaCie function
The result of a long collaboration with Porsche Design, the P'9223 Slim offers an exclusive and timeless shape that surrounds solid, reliable hardware built to last for years. You can use it anywhere with confidence you're getting superb performance.
- Designed for Mac
- Time Machine compatible
- Transfer files or back up your Mac significantly faster with USB 3.0
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- Simple, user-friendly data backup with Backup Assistant
- Easy cross-platform formatting utility
- LaCie Private/Public protects against loss, theft, or unauthorized access
Did you notice?The solid aluminum casing surrounding the disk keeps data protected.
Apple Recommends ForStylish, high-performance portable storage that's specially designed to match the slim profile of your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie Porsche Design P'9223 Slim Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 cable (compatible with USB 2.0)
- Quick install guide
- Complete software suite: LaCie Private-Public Password Protection, Automatic Backup, Eco Mode, Wuala Secure Cloud Storage
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 0.4 in./11 mm
- Width: 3.1 in./79 mm
- Weight: 7.2 oz./204 g
- Length: 5 in./128 mm
- Mac OS X v10.5 (Intel only) or later
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Mfr. Part Number: 9000304
- UPC or EAN No.: 093053003258
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- *For optimal performance, the drive must be connected to a USB 3.0 host port. Calculations are based on average write time. Transfer rates vary slightly from one drive to another. Transfer times are based on an approximately 8GB HD video.
Ratings & Reviews
I've had this drive for a few months now and so far I can't fault it. I love the USB3 transfer speeds. I can definitely see the di I've had this drive for a few months now and so far I can't fault it. I love the USB3 transfer speeds. I can definitely see the difference compared to my old USB2 drive. And the brushed aluminum enclosure fits the style of mac perfectly! …
- Written by Ahana C
23 of 26 people found this useful
Great Design, Great Speed, Great Reliability
I'm a graphic designer and work for a small company of four employees. Curiously, ferrying large files between computers (client p I'm a graphic designer and work for a small company of four employees. Curiously, ferrying large files between computers (client project files and presentations) by using this drive seems to be faster than using the office WiFi network. It looks really good, too, the clients often comment on the stylish design of this drive. It's also small, quiet and very fast. …
- Written by Rory H
15 of 15 people found this useful
Beauty and the Beast
A bit on Expensive side. But performance wise its brilliant and looks will definitely compliment your MAc. Atleast it goes with my A bit on Expensive side. But performance wise its brilliant and looks will definitely compliment your MAc. Atleast it goes with my MAC with retina. Don't think just click buy now!!!! …
- Written by Mohit M from Newcastle Upon Tyne
10 of 11 people found this useful
Great drive. It's energy efficient, transfers are smooth and fast, and the slim enclosure is cool, rather nice to look at, matchin Great drive. It's energy efficient, transfers are smooth and fast, and the slim enclosure is cool, rather nice to look at, matching my laptop well. Perfect for my needs. …
- Written by Alanna O
This is one quality drive. Quiet, fast, compact and very handy. I'm very pleased with it and might get another when this one fills This is one quality drive. Quiet, fast, compact and very handy. I'm very pleased with it and might get another when this one fills up. …
- Written by Wayne R
2 of 2 people found this useful
Excellent drive that fits well with MacBook
I got this drive about a month ago for my MacBook Pro, and so far have been more than happy with my choice. It's blazing fast, sli I got this drive about a month ago for my MacBook Pro, and so far have been more than happy with my choice. It's blazing fast, slim and compliments the MacBook very nicely. I use it for my music library and essential work documents, and there's still room to spare. Overall, highly satisfied. …
- Written by Lucy R
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
will this work on my macbook pro OS X version 10.9 - 15" - early 2011???
- Asked by Thelma G from Englewood
can this be used with macbook Mac OS X 10.6.8?
- Asked by Laurie W from Burney
No answers yet
you have to connect it with a usb cable
- Answered by Duncan R from Bainbridge Island
Does it have a DVD/CD place where you put a DVD or CD in?
- Asked by Felix H
Lemme guess, you have a macbook air?? this is an EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. What you need is an External C Lemme guess, you have a macbook air?? this is an EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. What you need is an External CD/DVD Drive …
- Answered by Colby C from Middletown
can this LaCie 500GB Porsche Design P'9223 USB 3.0 Slim Hard Drive, work with IPAD
- Asked by Edgar M
You cannot plug the hard drive directly into the iPad's 30 pin connector/lightning connector and acc You cannot plug the hard drive directly into the iPad's 30 pin connector/lightning connector and access the drive, if that's what you're wanting to do.
You can, however, plug it into a computer on your home wifi network and install programs on your iPad and that computer that will allow you to access the drive remotely. But you can do this with any hard drive, including the ones built into your computers.
Look at FileBrowser for iOS or similar products. …
- Answered by Aaron J C from Cincinnati