Speck 13" SmartShell Case for MacBook Pro with Retina display
Speck 13" SmartShell Case for MacBook Pro with Retina display
These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2395
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005236
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this case from apple store, really pleased with it, love the matt black colour and the way the apple logo shines through.A Bought this case from apple store, really pleased with it, love the matt black colour and the way the apple logo shines through.A good feel and fit too.Highly recommend. …
- Written by Martin L from newcastle upon tyne
85 of 90 people found this useful
This is a very good quality product which should protect the laptop well. But the very fact that it costs £40 for two pieces of pl This is a very good quality product which should protect the laptop well. But the very fact that it costs £40 for two pieces of plastic which much cost pennies to make is disgusting. The product is very good but scandalously priced for what it is. …
- Written by Connor B from Brighouse
108 of 156 people found this useful
Does what it says in the description!
Really pleased with the case. Fits well, looks good and its not too bulky. Would highly recommend this product.
- Written by Edward F from Wisbech
60 of 65 people found this useful
A top notch case from one of the best companies out there. Speck really have got this shell perfected with the nice matt touch to A top notch case from one of the best companies out there. Speck really have got this shell perfected with the nice matt touch to the minimal design. It really does enhance the overall look of the MacBook Pro without being all shouty about it!
The shell feels very comfortable when holding your Mac, makes it feel a lot more secure than the slippery aluminium and the frosted look of the Apple logo compliments this. The shell does not get in the way when using the Mac, nor does it obstruct any ports.
Unlike some shells I looked at, the heat dissipation is very good, directing it out the back rather than down through into your lap if you are using your Mac portably. The rubber feet also keep things in place when on a desk.
The shell clips on with ease, however it can be a tricky thing to remove, especially off the screen. Takes a reasonable amount of pressure to prise it off which is always a bit worrying especially when you've forked out £1,500 for you pride and joy! However it manages everything perfectly and is a great addition to anyones MacBook Pro! …
- Written by Sam R from Boldre
3 of 3 people found this useful
It does what is says on the tin. It fits the Mac book pro retina display (late 2013) perfectly. However take care installing as th It does what is says on the tin. It fits the Mac book pro retina display (late 2013) perfectly. However take care installing as the clips could easily snap. Good product but slightly overpriced for two bits of plastic. …
- Written by Matt R from Porth
2 of 2 people found this useful
I bought it for my 2010 macbook Pro and it still looks like new. I bought one for my new macbook pro with retina display and it lo I bought it for my 2010 macbook Pro and it still looks like new. I bought one for my new macbook pro with retina display and it looks really nice. …
- Written by Victor V from Widnes
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
im i recommended to use something to cool down my laptop if I use a shell case
- Asked by Jean-laurent B
This case has holes where the fans are in the RMBP.
- Answered by Veronica L from Lincoln Park
Will this fit the latest 13" retina display macbook pro, the one with the haswell chip?
- Asked by Jake J
Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bot Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bottom. I haven't seen one on the older model but I may return it because its bugging me to have a slight creaking sound when I pick it up with one hand (when open) and I feel it slightly moving/detaching. It might be a good idea to keep it for the long term protection but the slight weight increase is noticeable when the Pros are so light now days. All that said, I can't imagine another brand would be better at this issue, it seems to be a function of this type of cover. …
- Answered by Chris H from Lehi
How durable is this case?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this i After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a durable case. I took it off for cleaning my mac, and guess what? The plastic buds that hold the case onto the mac snaps, and falls off. All corners! The middle of the case has a huge crack. The case makes the mac super heavy. And when I took it off, there was too much dust, literally stuck to the Mac. And also, this case makes the Mac overheat countlessly whenever I hold it on my lap. It is blisteringly hot to the touch. As soon as I took the case off, my battery performed normally, No more warnings about the battery overheating. Do NOT get this product! …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston