The WD My Book Studio desktop hard drive is an ideal complement to your Mac, delivering the amazing speed of USB 3.0, outstanding capacity and the beauty of a high-quality aluminium enclosure. Along with Time Machine compatibility, it provides password protection and hardware encryption to safeguard your data. This drive is the right choice for videographers, photographers and other graphic professionals.
- Heat-dissipating, aluminium enclosure remains cool to the touch and takes up minimal space
- Save and access data at top speed with high-performance, USB 3.0 connectivity
- Plenty of room to store all the chapters of your digital life
- Formatted HFS+ journaled so it works with your Mac out of the box
- Password protection and hardware-based encryption prevents unauthorised access to your data
- Register your drive, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities
- Compatible with Apple Time Machine
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 interfaces
Did you notice?Delivers universal compatibility today and speed for tomorrow – use with USB 2.0 or step up to high-speed USB 3.0.
Apple Recommends ForHigh-speed USB 3.0 connectivity to the Mac makes this ideal for videographers, photographers and other graphic professionals.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Book Studio USB 3.0 Hard Drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- WD Security
- WD Drive Utilities
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Kensington Port, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 165.1 mm/6.5 in.
- Width: 48.3 mm/1.9 in.
- Weight: 1.06 kg
- Length: 134.6 mm/5.3 in.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- USB 3.0 port or USB 2.0 port*
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBCPZ0020HAL-NESN
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037818092
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- * USB 3.0 port required for USB 3.0 speed and features
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is it safe to use this drive with the Maverick operating system
- Asked by Kath R
Yes, it's compatible with OS X (Snow Leopard) 10.6 and newer.
- Answered by Paul W
Can I use this item to transfer ebooks from a pc to a Mac?
- Asked by Thomas P from Houston
- Answered by Kyran B
Can this device be used with multiple computers?
- Asked by Sandra K from Columbus
Yes.mac & pc
- Answered by Kyran B