Shift Premium Bluetooth Audio
Integrating a custom implementation of the native Bluetooth SBC codec, which JayBird calls Shift, BlueBuds X headphones deliver a level of purity and sound that rivals the best in wired headphones. A great feature of Shift is that it's pair and play, so nothing special is required on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, just standard Bluetooth.
PureSound white noise filtering
JayBird's on-board filtering system, called PureSound, filters out and eliminates white noise to give you a clean audio experience. This is especially helpful for long workouts when you've turned up the volume to motivate yourself.
Playtime to up to eight hours
BlueBuds X pack an impressive eight hours of playtime into a small design. And for convenience, it uses a standard micro-USB connector for charging and includes a battery status icon on screen for iPhone users.
Sports ear cushions hug into the top, back and lower surface areas of your ear – all essential for a secure fit during sports and fitness activities. JayBird's X-Fit design lets you use the headphones either in the traditional under-ear wearing style for music and calls or over-ear – completely free of any cord on your neck – so it feels like you don't have any headphones on.
- Eight hours battery life in a small design
- Works with your Bluetooth-enabled iPhone, iPod touch, iPod nano, iPad, iPad mini or Mac
- Complete music and call controls
- Liquipel sweat-repellant technology for maximum durability
- Standard micro-USB charging
- Wireless music and calls
- Secure fit for sports
Did you notice?With up to eight hours battery life you can enjoy a full day of music and calls, or work out an hour a day for an entire week on a single charge.
Apple Recommends ForSuperb wireless comfort and sound from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad during sports, fitness or outdoor activities.
What's in the Box?
- JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Wireless Headphones
- Three pairs of ear tips (S,M,L)
- Three pairs of secure fit ear cushions (S,M,L)
- Two X-Fit cord management clips
- Micro-USB cable
- Premium protective carry case
- THD: <5% (1kHz, 1mW)
- Other Features: Bluetooth, Stereo Bluetooth, Sports & Fitness, Wireless
- Form Factor: In Ear
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Weight: 13.8 g
- Mfr. Part Number: BBX1MB
- UPC or EAN No.: 855366002324
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Excellent in-ear headphones with memory foam eartips
I purchased this in-ear headphone as a Christmas treat. I have got to say its worth every single penny. At first I find it hard to I purchased this in-ear headphone as a Christmas treat. I have got to say its worth every single penny. At first I find it hard to adjust the eartips but after awhile I got the hang of it. I changed the eartips to memory foam ones which I bought from eBay called MoBeast. The memory foam eartips are extremely comfortable compared to silicon eartips. …
- Written by Andy L from Sunderland
50 of 51 people found this useful
Almost perfect, but replace the tips
These aren't cheap, but they are very good indeed. Extremely easy to use, high quality audio, good battery life, and being able to These aren't cheap, but they are very good indeed. Extremely easy to use, high quality audio, good battery life, and being able to do away with the cable to the 'phone is liberating.
Only 4 stars for two reasons:
- The "patented secure fit, ultra-comfortable and secure" tips are awful - uncomfortable and won't stay in place. Easily fixed by replacing them with some Comply memory foam tips.
- There's no way to reverse left and right when wearing them over-ear
But overall, still excellent. …
- Written by Paul B from Knapwell
16 of 21 people found this useful
Just purchased a pair of these a couple of weeks ago and they are just great. They fit like a dream (you may need to change the ea Just purchased a pair of these a couple of weeks ago and they are just great. They fit like a dream (you may need to change the ear tips around to get the correct fit) They stay put in my ears and block out a fair amount of outside sound if you get the right fit. Aside from they they just sound great.
Expensive ..... Yes, but well worth it. …
- Written by Antony Y from Chorley
10 of 13 people found this useful
Superb sans mic
I don’t leave the house without these headphones. Use them mainly for my commutes to work and it’s just a delight.
Sound quality I don’t leave the house without these headphones. Use them mainly for my commutes to work and it’s just a delight.
Sound quality is great, the fits good. Battery life is decent (even when you accidentally leave them on in your pocket all day).
Connectivity is straightforward. They barely leak, so you don’t have to worry about being ’that guy’ during public useage.
Only thing - They should of scrapped the microphone functionally altogether as the quality of calls through the BlueBuds is abysmal.
But everything else is top notch. …
- Written by Dean J from Luton
Good sound but definitely not sweat proof,
I recently bought a pair of these for training as they claim to be sweat proof. They aren't the first pair lasted about a month be I recently bought a pair of these for training as they claim to be sweat proof. They aren't the first pair lasted about a month before they broke. The staff in the apple store were very helpful and replaced them with no fuss.
The second pair then lasted about 5 weeks before they also stopped working. I took these back to apple and got a refund.
If you want a pair of wireless headphones for training and you sweat a lot don't buy these they won't last and at £149.95 they are also a bit on the expensive side. Also I found that they don't staying very well.
Although I must say that the staff in the apple store were very helpful and understanding on both occasions the I went in. …
- Written by David W from Cardiff
2 of 4 people found this useful
<5% distortion and 20-20k hz bandwith make these buds low sound quality
They may be expensive and wireless but the sound quality is not at all up to the price. Like beats headphones these are all talk b They may be expensive and wireless but the sound quality is not at all up to the price. Like beats headphones these are all talk but no sound …
- Written by Claus S from Randers nv
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will they work with my galaxy note phone?
- Asked by Clayton D. W from Mcguire Afb
Will they work on the subway?
- Asked by Yao Min D from Woodside
Yes, they run on Bluetooth. So if your device is on you they will work in any location.
- Answered by Nathan S from Pyrmont
Can you pair with ipod classic if the classic has a bluetooth adapter
- Asked by James K from Swanely
Yes. With a Bluetooth adapter you're good to go.
- Answered by Rene O from Draper
You can you the beats studio wireless with Bluetooth on a plane because you are using Bluetooth not You can you the beats studio wireless with Bluetooth on a plane because you are using Bluetooth not cellular data …
- Answered by Simon M
I am in the UK which uses 220v. I bought my wireless/ Bluetooth jay birds in the US. Can I use the charger here and plug it directly into the wall?
- Asked by Barbara W from Austin