The HP ENVY 120 is a versatile all-in-one printer designed for home use. Stylish and sleek, it fits almost anywhere in your house and offers both mobile and wireless printing options. Printing straight from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad is easy thanks to Apple AirPrint technology. You can also scan to email, make quick copies, access web content and print both lab-quality photos and everyday documents – the front-facing USB port is even optimised to charge your iPhone.
- Elegant, sleek design
- Paper trays extend and retract to minimise clutter
- Whisper quiet
- Easy-access USB port for charging your iPhone
- Scan, copy and access the web
- Scan straight to your email account
- Preview your scans with the convenient see-through lid
- Tap and swipe to browse through a library of free apps using the 10.9 cm/4.33 in. colour touchscreen
- Wireless printing from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using AirPrint
- Automatic two-sided printing helps save paper
Did you notice?You can reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
Apple Recommends ForPrinting high-quality documents and photos from your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad using AirPrint.
What's in the Box?
- HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer
- Two ink cartridges (Black, Tri-colour)
- Software CD
- Reference guide
- Power cord
- Display Size: 10.9 cm/4.33 in.
- Connections: AirPrint , USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: Memory Stick Duo
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 109 mm/4.33 in.
- Width: 427 mm/16.88 in.
- Depth: 336.5 mm/13.23 in.
- Weight: 7.9 kg
- Black print speed: Up to 7 ppm (ISO)
- Black resolution: 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 4 ppm (ISO)
- Color resolution: 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Trays: 80-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray
- Max Paper Size: A4
- Min Paper Size: 7.6 x 12.7 cm
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 2 (1 black, 1 Tri-colour)
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: 1200 x 1200 dpi
- OS X 10.6 or later
- 1 GB free space
- CD-ROM/DVD or Internet
- Windows 7/Vista/XP (SP3)
- 2 GB free space
- CD-ROM/DVD or Internet
- Mfr. Part Number: CZ022A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886112949174
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- AirPrint requires iOS 4.2 or later
- Some features require an internet connection and/or Wi-Fi network
Ratings & Reviews
I purchased this printer primarily for printing out photographs and I am delighted with the results. I have printed my own photog I purchased this printer primarily for printing out photographs and I am delighted with the results. I have printed my own photographs using other ink jet printers over the years and have mainly been disappointed. I also owned a different Wi Fi printer and was not at all pleased with the results. I am now the proud owner of an I Pad, I Pod Touch and I Phone so this HP Envy printer is absolutely ideal for me. I keep the printer upstairs in my house but can, of course, hit the button on any of my devices anywhere in the house and the printed item appears very quickly as if by magic. The printer is very sleek and stylish and really quiet when in use. I found it fairly easy to set up too. Although it is a fairly expensive item I would definitely recommend it and to me it is worth every penny …
- Written by Gillian B from Worthing
114 of 122 people found this useful
Don't ... just don't do it ...
I wanted to get away from Canon which drinks ink. This is a fancy looking printer and ignoring the poor reviews I went for it. The I wanted to get away from Canon which drinks ink. This is a fancy looking printer and ignoring the poor reviews I went for it. These are my findings:
1. I have to power it off and on a lot
2. I have to go through the slow process of rejoining the WLAN to get it visible a lot
3. It prints out random pages with 1 line of gobbledigook a lot
4. It takes its sweet time over everything on this list a lot
It has taken me 3 hours to print out 1 document, which is a returns label for something else. I had to copy the doc from Firefox to a JPG on an SD card and print it locally. I bought mine from John Lewis, and they are coming to collect it this week. Don't ... just don't do it ... …
- Written by Adrian B from Bethnal Green
100 of 130 people found this useful
Lovely to use!
I love this printer. It provides great results when printing and scanning My use is nearly all on short documents. (I haven't I love this printer. It provides great results when printing and scanning My use is nearly all on short documents. (I haven't tried printing photos, which is clearly one of its main intended uses). I use it wirelessly with my MacBook Air and via a cable with a Windows machine.
How can you not fall for a printer that looks like it was designed by B&O (or even, dare I say, Apple), provides feedback via a touchscreen, extends its output holder only when needed, then politely retracts it, and automatically extends its paper tray when, like Oliver, it wants more? Build quality is brilliant too.
I have had the odd glitch, as with any printer, but nothing that could not be swiftly solved.
You can probably get the same functionality and greater speed for rather less cash, so I would hesitate to rate it as great value for money. But if you want to work with products that feel like they were designed for you use, I would urge considering this model. …
- Written by Andrew L from South Croydon
64 of 71 people found this useful
Why is it called the "Envy"?
I think it might be a little Hewlett Packard in joke. It's to describe the customer's feelings when, a few months after buying thi I think it might be a little Hewlett Packard in joke. It's to describe the customer's feelings when, a few months after buying this printer, he realises his mistake and looks longingly at other makes.
Decent quality printing if that's all you want. But if you want to scan or copy, it's temperamental and erratic. If you want to scan or copy a page from a book forget it, for the scanner comes from above and has to be flat on the page.
Now, one year to the day when I got it, the lights have gone in the scanner so it just produces black stripes. I urge you to spend your money elsewhere. …
- Written by Sarah T from LONDON
1 of 1 people found this useful
Impressed with the Envy 120 so far. Could just be the best all - in - one I've had yet.
I have been fortunate not to have expe Impressed with the Envy 120 so far. Could just be the best all - in - one I've had yet.
I have been fortunate not to have experienced any issues that others claim to have suffered. …
- Written by Dudley L from Basildon
1 of 1 people found this useful
Paper Jam when new out of the box
Bought this printer as recommended in the Apple Shop to go with my new Mac Pro and very disappointed. New out of the box it const Bought this printer as recommended in the Apple Shop to go with my new Mac Pro and very disappointed. New out of the box it constantly reads 'clear paper jam' when it hasn't even had paper in it. I've removed all access panels and can't see anything and can't clear the fault. Wish i had done my own research into the printers as this model seems to have a catalogue of negative reviews …
- Written by IAN M from kincardine
2 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does it include an OCR program, or can it accept one?
- Asked by Pierre R from Longueuil
Can I print from an iPad to a HP envy 120
- Asked by Tove W from Indianapolis
Yes you can, "Print from iOS devices via AirPrint"
- Answered by Maxwell H from Woodland
Do you need a PC to connect this printer to my ipad
- Asked by Alexander W
No it is a true air print printer
- Answered by Charles S
Is there a car charger adapter for this printer?
- Asked by Gregory B from Marietta
No it is mains powered
- Answered by Charles S
is this laser or inject printer?
- Asked by Suzy K from Long Beach
The HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer is an inkjet printer.
- Answered by The D from San Francisco