mophie's Juice Pack Powerstation Duo features an advanced high-output battery that provides ultra-fast charging for your iPod, iPhone and iPad. It charges your iOS devices with up to four times the current of traditional 500mAh batteries. Plus it offers the ability to switch among a 500mAh charge (typical), a 1A charge and 2.1A level that's ideal for iPad.
Thanks to improved conversion efficiency more power actually makes it to your iOS device.
The soft-touch finish and metal band complements the design of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
To maintain the sleek look of the Powerstation Duo, the four LED status indicator lights disappear when you're not using the battery.
- Special high-output battery for ultra-fast charging
- Can switch between a 500mAh, 1A and 2.1A charges
- Improved conversion efficiency means more power actually makes it to your device
- Four-LED status indicator lights show you how much power is left in your Powerstation
- Large 6,000 mAh battery keeps your iOS device powered up on the go
- Charges two devices simultaneously
- Pre-charged and ready to go
Did you notice?Charge two iOS devices at once with Powerstation Duo.
Apple Recommends ForQuickly give your iPhone, iPad or iPad a full charge when there's no power outlet nearby.
What's in the Box?
- mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Duo External Battery
- Micro USB charging cable
- User manual
- Height : 19.5 mm/0.77in.
- Width : 57.9 mm/2.28 in.
- Weight : 200 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 2029_JPU-PWERSTION-DUO-WHT
- UPC or EAN No. : 810472020587
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad (4th generation)
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
I don't expect this to charge an full iPad. I know how much battery capacity that'd require.
But I think the product has two ma jor flaws:
- You can't charge the Mophie while you're charging your phone (daisychain). Even if it wasn't possible to charge both at the same time, at least charge the mophie after the iPhone is full when daisychained.
- The power-in is USB Micro meaning you need to carry another type of cable with you all the time. Ideally that would be a default iProduct lead (such as either the old or the new dock connector, ideally both). …
- Written by Christoph B from London
1 of 1 people found this useful
I did not even get one full ipad charge out of this product.
- Written by Farhan N from London
0 of 3 people found this useful
Pretty but rubbish
Managed to half charge an iPad2 before going flat. Haven't tried with iPhone but can't see this device delivering full charge to both devices as above.
Sorry expensive, disappointing and avoid.
No stars from me. …
- Written by Stephen B from HAYWARDS HEATH
1 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by David G
I have had the mophie Duo for about 3 months and from my experience it has a total of about 4 full i phone charges. (give or take a few % batt pts) and ipads take about twice as much power as an iphone charge.
so 4 iphone charges, or 2 ipad charges, or 1 ipad and two iphone charges (roughly)
(this is when the Mophie is on 4 green LED lights (FULLY charged) …
- Answered by Phillip P from Milwaukee
Yes. It will charge any device that has a USB cable. The iPhone 5 is USB to lightning.
- Answered by Reginald H from Bronx
- Asked by Carolynn L from Portland
it comes with a cable that you can plug into the same plug that an iPhone/iPad or similar device has . just as with almost all electronic devices these days from cell phones to tablets, etc, most plug 'heads' have a USB port so that you can remove the cable and insert any viable plug.
*NO plug is provided with the device. you must use your own plug from your phone or tablet, etc. This really isn't too big of a deal considering you already have one, or else you wouldn't need the portable battery pack :) an extra is nice though so that you can power 2 devices simultaneously
also, most Mophie portable battery pack devices use a cable that has a Micro-USB head on one end, and a regular USB head on the other... the micro USB connects to the device, the USB connects to a plug
charge is rather slow, but that's only because your charging 6000mAh! (mAh standing for a unit of measure for certain types of batteries, more below). for example, one brand new iPhone5 battery is 1440mAh, and you are charging something that is over 4 times that... so its basically like charging an iPhone5 four+ times lol..
however, the great thing about the Mophie chargers is that since the amperage output is higher than what you would have if you were connected to a regular electrical outlet, the device you are re-charging charges at a faster rate.
An ampere-hour or amp-hour (symbol Ah, AHr, A·h, A h) is a unit of electric charge, with sub-units milliampere-hour (mAh) and milliampere second (mAs). One ampere-hour is equal to 3600 coulombs (ampere-seconds), the electric charge transferred by a steady current of one ampere for one second. The ampere-hour is frequently used in measurements of electrochemical systems such as electroplating and electrical batteries. The commonly seen milliampere-hour (mAh or mA·h) is one-thousandth of an ampere-hour (3.6 coulombs). …
- Answered by Matthew H from San Diego
- Asked by Sharon M from North Wildwood
you will need a special plug to re-charge the Mophie Battery pack depending on what coun try you are visiting, just as you would any electric device.
as far as the Mophie charger, it doesn't matter what device you are charging AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A CORD THAT HAS A USB PLUG ON ONE END.
you simply plug your cord from your device into the Mophie charger, and then connect that to whatever device you are intending to charge. the pain here is needing different cords with you to charge whatever device(s) you bring along with you. then not forgetting them when you arrive home and plug them back into the wall.
Mophie portable battery packs do not come with plug heads, only the cord. since you already have one, they forgo it considering it probably saves money and time for them. and they know you already have a plug, because you wouldn't need a portable battery pack charger if you didn't have an electronic device! lol
per your plane question, that isn't really a clear question. Did you mean:
can you charge the Mophie Pack ITSELF while on a plane? yes of course if they have a regular outlet just like and other place. (but most planes don't)
or did you mean:
Can you charge your device WITH the Mophie Charger while on a plane? yes. i did over 4 different flights. any phone or tablet doesn't have to be on to be charged. one stewardess asked me if i had shut off all of my electronic devices because she saw my Mophie Pack charging my iPhone next to me... and i told her yes, i was simply charging my phone while in flight, and neither device is "on".
there is no On/Off switch for the Mophie charger Pack because its just a battery, that's all. …
- Answered by Matthew H from San Diego
- Asked by Roxanne N from Little River
Yes, you would have to use the lightning cable that came with your iPad mini and just plug it into t he battery's usb port. …
- Answered by Jessica M from Columbus