The Twelve South BackPack is a sleek, sturdy shelf designed exclusively for your iMac or Apple Display. This slice of steel makes a perfect perch for hard drives, USB peripherals or action figures. Included vertical support pegs safely and securely prop up vertical-oriented drives, Time Capsule or even a MacBook Air. BackPack hangs on the back or front of your Mac using two clips and gravity. Built-in cable management rails hold your power cords in place for grab and go convenience.
Vertical support pegs are coated in soft silicone to prevent scratches or marks on your device. The plastic mounting clips do not have any screws that come in contact with your Mac. Because it's height adjustable, you can hang two BackPacks on one Mac.
- Steel shelf designed for iMac and Apple Displays
- Hangs on the back or front of iMac
- Perfect shelf for hard drives and other devices you would prefer to keep out of sight, but not out of reach
- Vertical support pegs securely prop up vertical-oriented drives or a MacBook Air; can be arranged in any formation along perforated base
- Built-in cable management rails prevent unplugged cables from slipping to the floor
- Height-adjustable shelf can accommodate most hard drives
- Perforations in shelf allow for maximum airflow and cooling
Did you notice?Hang two shelves on a Thunderbolt Display – one on the back and one on the front – to hold your MacBook Air and SuperDrive.
Apple Recommends ForCreate a less cluttered, more serene workspace for your iMac and yourself.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BackPack 2 Adjustable Shelf
- Four silicone-coated vertical support pegs
- Assorted fit inserts to accommodate various size Macs
- Owner manual
- Non-slip shelf pad
- Height : 20.1 mm/0.79 in.
- Width : 177.8 mm/7 in.
- Weight : 181.44 g
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1212
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002481
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
I bought this out my local apple shop. Its expensive, looks amazing.
Fitting it was a joke took ages and had to lay my iMac flat.
I think the plastic clips need to be redesigned. The clips kept sliding down and the screws were a pain to tighten.
All in all good purchase, but way short of perfection. hence the 3 stars …
- Written by Graeme B from Las Rozas
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
No. BackPack 2 has a weight limit of 3.5 pounds, which is perfect for a MacBook Air (2.96 pounds) or Mac Mini (2.7 pounds), but not MacBook Pro (which starts at 4.46 pounds) …
- Answered by Erwin L from Glen Waverley