Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The matte case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you can protect your MacBook on the go. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2396
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005243
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
No no no
Bought this in October, was really excited with it. Just took it off to clean and part of it very easily snapped off. No faulty re Bought this in October, was really excited with it. Just took it off to clean and part of it very easily snapped off. No faulty returns allowed after 14 days. Waste of money. This item is not "durable" it is flimsy! Do not buy, I am looking for an alternative now... …
- Written by HOLLY M from LONDON
40 of 41 people found this useful
Back clip broken
The aesthetically is wonderful, has a nice look and the finish is great. After having it for a day and a half without removing the The aesthetically is wonderful, has a nice look and the finish is great. After having it for a day and a half without removing the case, I found one of my back clips to be broken and at £45, that's hardly right.
Based on the maintenance of the case as specified by speck themselves, you have to remove the case once a month every three months. If that's the case then the case doesn't stand a chance in lasting if it it so fragile. …
- Written by Marlon R from London
39 of 41 people found this useful
Great looks but hard to put on
The case looks beautiful and is light as promised.
It says in the product description it is easy to snap on and off. This is ab The case looks beautiful and is light as promised.
It says in the product description it is easy to snap on and off. This is absolutely not true. It is actually very difficult to put it on (granted the bottom is easy) but the top is hard to apply. On corner will simply not snap on as it should and I don't want to break my MBPR so I decided to get a replacement.
Now for the taking off part...yes, the bottom is easy to remove, the top, however, is incredibly difficult to take off and it takes lots of patience to take it off. I have consulted several youtube videos and it's simply not as easy as it might look. Good case (if it actually fits!) and you don't need to take it off and put it back on again often! …
- Written by Patrick W from Langley Park
45 of 54 people found this useful
Very poor quality and hugely overpriced. The clips broke on the back of my first one meaning that the base would no longer stay on Very poor quality and hugely overpriced. The clips broke on the back of my first one meaning that the base would no longer stay on. Happily the Apple store on Regent Street replaced it but I don't hold out much hope of the new one fairing any better. To be fair it has kept my MBP in good condition but I'd look for something else if you want it to last. …
- Written by Lee M from Hemel Hempstead
Bottom case clips snapped after three months
I would avoid this case - the rear clips on the bottom snapped after just three months. Not happy.
- Written by Paul B from London
Faulty design spoils what should be a great product
Had two sets of these cases as I wanted a lightweight thin form cover to avoid having to use cases.
Unfortunately had same pro Had two sets of these cases as I wanted a lightweight thin form cover to avoid having to use cases.
Unfortunately had same problems with both - clips at the rear snap off and cause the lower half to work loose of the macbook. Had pals suffer the same problem - seems many of us continue to use the cases - the problem is dust and grit then gets under the cover causing light scratching.
I've contacted Speck and submitted reviews to their website but the feedback wasn't published - not very impressed with that.
Expensive for a piece of faulty plastic! …
- Written by D B S from Glasgow
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this shell fit a 13" Mackbook Pro late 2013?
- Asked by Don G from Toronto
no it doesn't fit the new macbook pro... i bought the same case from apple store, i went home and pu no it doesn't fit the new macbook pro... i bought the same case from apple store, i went home and put it on and its slightly bigger because the new mbpr is slightly thinner. i went back to apple and returned the case. …
- Answered by Ricky S from San Diego
Does this also fit a mac book pro 13 inch retina display
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
Will this fit the latest 13" retina display macbook pro, the one with the haswell chip?
- Asked by Jake J
Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bot Yes. I just picked one up and it snapped right on. The lid portion fits a lot more snug than the bottom. I haven't seen one on the older model but I may return it because its bugging me to have a slight creaking sound when I pick it up with one hand (when open) and I feel it slightly moving/detaching. It might be a good idea to keep it for the long term protection but the slight weight increase is noticeable when the Pros are so light now days. All that said, I can't imagine another brand would be better at this issue, it seems to be a function of this type of cover. …
- Answered by Chris H from Lehi
How durable is this case?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this i After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a durable case. I took it off for cleaning my mac, and guess what? The plastic buds that hold the case onto the mac snaps, and falls off. All corners! The middle of the case has a huge crack. The case makes the mac super heavy. And when I took it off, there was too much dust, literally stuck to the Mac. And also, this case makes the Mac overheat countlessly whenever I hold it on my lap. It is blisteringly hot to the touch. As soon as I took the case off, my battery performed normally, No more warnings about the battery overheating. Do NOT get this product! …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
can you see the apple logo glowing well inside of the case or is it a dim light? If so, what color is the apple logo with the case on it?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
Yes you can see the logo, it is of medium brightness and its an off white colour
- Answered by Lauren K from Gowanstown