Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The matte case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you can protect your MacBook on the go. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2396
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005243
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
No no no
Bought this in October, was really excited with it. Just took it off to clean and part of it very easily snapped off. No faulty re Bought this in October, was really excited with it. Just took it off to clean and part of it very easily snapped off. No faulty returns allowed after 14 days. Waste of money. This item is not "durable" it is flimsy! Do not buy, I am looking for an alternative now... …
- Written by HOLLY M from LONDON
65 of 67 people found this useful
Back clip broken
The aesthetically is wonderful, has a nice look and the finish is great. After having it for a day and a half without removing the The aesthetically is wonderful, has a nice look and the finish is great. After having it for a day and a half without removing the case, I found one of my back clips to be broken and at £45, that's hardly right.
Based on the maintenance of the case as specified by speck themselves, you have to remove the case once a month every three months. If that's the case then the case doesn't stand a chance in lasting if it it so fragile. …
- Written by Marlon R from London
56 of 58 people found this useful
Great looks but hard to put on
The case looks beautiful and is light as promised.
It says in the product description it is easy to snap on and off. This is ab The case looks beautiful and is light as promised.
It says in the product description it is easy to snap on and off. This is absolutely not true. It is actually very difficult to put it on (granted the bottom is easy) but the top is hard to apply. On corner will simply not snap on as it should and I don't want to break my MBPR so I decided to get a replacement.
Now for the taking off part...yes, the bottom is easy to remove, the top, however, is incredibly difficult to take off and it takes lots of patience to take it off. I have consulted several youtube videos and it's simply not as easy as it might look. Good case (if it actually fits!) and you don't need to take it off and put it back on again often! …
- Written by Patrick W from Langley Park
55 of 65 people found this useful
This case looked great and over time saved me from a few mishaps that may have dented the aluminium, but instead cracked and chipp This case looked great and over time saved me from a few mishaps that may have dented the aluminium, but instead cracked and chipped the plastic case. It was going great until the biggest design floor nearly cost me the whole computer!!!! The lid half clips on using several very small clips that hook round the lid enough to hold the cover on - and they are really hard to get back off so 100% secure (you would hope)... however the bottom half has just a couple of these along the front edge and the back edge is held on via some upright tabs, they are only about 1cm wide and there are 2 - one on each back corner - this is where I had the problem.
The issue has nothing to do with the damage from knocking the computer mentioned above, instead it's to do with the fact that just after 1 year of normal use the plastic started to perish, and whilst carrying the computer one day the two back clips both snapped and the computer slid straight out of my hand, leaving me with just the bottom cover!!!!!
Fortunately I wasn't out and about at the time and the computer landed on a carpet - seemingly no damage but none the less, I am shocked that this is an official Apple product.
I have since brought a much cheaper one (got two of them) online that has clips all round and at the first sign of the plastic degrading I'll swap it off.
- Written by Kelvin J from Vakharbhag
Looks nice, but cracked after 2 months. Expensive but cheap quality.
This looks really nice on the laptop but its cheap quality. I am looking for an alternative replacement.
- Written by Claudia S from manchester
Doesn't last long
With a top end MacBook Pro it's certainly advisable to get a sleeve. I have had this for 6 months and by no means does my laptop g With a top end MacBook Pro it's certainly advisable to get a sleeve. I have had this for 6 months and by no means does my laptop get handled with any duress. Nonetheless this Speck cover is falling apart starting with the corners and the base feet. Will definitely try another brand next. …
- Written by jonathan H from Belfast
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you remove the case from the laptop?
- Asked by Leonard D from Chula Vista
No answers yet
Does this also fit a mac book pro 13 inch retina display
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
How durable is this case?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this i After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a durable case. I took it off for cleaning my mac, and guess what? The plastic buds that hold the case onto the mac snaps, and falls off. All corners! The middle of the case has a huge crack. The case makes the mac super heavy. And when I took it off, there was too much dust, literally stuck to the Mac. And also, this case makes the Mac overheat countlessly whenever I hold it on my lap. It is blisteringly hot to the touch. As soon as I took the case off, my battery performed normally, No more warnings about the battery overheating. Do NOT get this product! …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the case, it will not scratch your computer. Just use the microfibre cloth that came with your macbook to wipe of the outside of your computer and the inside of the case prior to installation. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
Yes, if you select the "13 inch Macbook Pro" option. Make sure you don't select the "retina display" Yes, if you select the "13 inch Macbook Pro" option. Make sure you don't select the "retina display" option. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest