Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The matte case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you can protect your MacBook on the go. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Smooth matte two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?Rubber feet provide added stability and protection for your MacBook.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook in matte style.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Satin Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2396
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005243
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
No no no
Bought this in October, was really excited with it. Just took it off to clean and part of it very easily snapped off. No faulty re Bought this in October, was really excited with it. Just took it off to clean and part of it very easily snapped off. No faulty returns allowed after 14 days. Waste of money. This item is not "durable" it is flimsy! Do not buy, I am looking for an alternative now... …
- Written by HOLLY M from LONDON
62 of 64 people found this useful
Back clip broken
The aesthetically is wonderful, has a nice look and the finish is great. After having it for a day and a half without removing the The aesthetically is wonderful, has a nice look and the finish is great. After having it for a day and a half without removing the case, I found one of my back clips to be broken and at £45, that's hardly right.
Based on the maintenance of the case as specified by speck themselves, you have to remove the case once a month every three months. If that's the case then the case doesn't stand a chance in lasting if it it so fragile. …
- Written by Marlon R from London
55 of 57 people found this useful
Great looks but hard to put on
The case looks beautiful and is light as promised.
It says in the product description it is easy to snap on and off. This is ab The case looks beautiful and is light as promised.
It says in the product description it is easy to snap on and off. This is absolutely not true. It is actually very difficult to put it on (granted the bottom is easy) but the top is hard to apply. On corner will simply not snap on as it should and I don't want to break my MBPR so I decided to get a replacement.
Now for the taking off part...yes, the bottom is easy to remove, the top, however, is incredibly difficult to take off and it takes lots of patience to take it off. I have consulted several youtube videos and it's simply not as easy as it might look. Good case (if it actually fits!) and you don't need to take it off and put it back on again often! …
- Written by Patrick W from Langley Park
54 of 64 people found this useful
Looks nice, but cracked after 2 months. Expensive but cheap quality.
This looks really nice on the laptop but its cheap quality. I am looking for an alternative replacement.
- Written by Claudia S from manchester
Doesn't last long
With a top end MacBook Pro it's certainly advisable to get a sleeve. I have had this for 6 months and by no means does my laptop g With a top end MacBook Pro it's certainly advisable to get a sleeve. I have had this for 6 months and by no means does my laptop get handled with any duress. Nonetheless this Speck cover is falling apart starting with the corners and the base feet. Will definitely try another brand next. …
- Written by jonathan H from Belfast
Back clip broke and has scratched my mbpr
The reason for the one star is simply because this case was bought to prevent scratches, and it seems it has caused more than if I The reason for the one star is simply because this case was bought to prevent scratches, and it seems it has caused more than if I hadn't used it at all!! Dust and dirt has fallen between the case and my macbook and has rubbed against the metal cover for months till I removed it to clean / replace. I have also had to replace the item 3 times because the back clip of the underside panel has snapped off, luckily the warranty covers this. …
- Written by marc H from glasgow
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
How durable is this case?
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this i After a few months of owning this case, and one test drop, I have come to the conclusion that this is NOT a durable case. I took it off for cleaning my mac, and guess what? The plastic buds that hold the case onto the mac snaps, and falls off. All corners! The middle of the case has a huge crack. The case makes the mac super heavy. And when I took it off, there was too much dust, literally stuck to the Mac. And also, this case makes the Mac overheat countlessly whenever I hold it on my lap. It is blisteringly hot to the touch. As soon as I took the case off, my battery performed normally, No more warnings about the battery overheating. Do NOT get this product! …
- Answered by Thomas D from Preston
Does this also fit a mac book pro 13 inch retina display
- Asked by Vikram A from Dubai
It wont. The retina display is much thinner than the normal MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Mireya R from Denver
Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the Assuming the inside of the case and the shell of your macbook are free of dirt when you install the case, it will not scratch your computer. Just use the microfibre cloth that came with your macbook to wipe of the outside of your computer and the inside of the case prior to installation. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
Will this fit my Macbook Pro 13-inch, Mid 2012 model ?
- Asked by Jiovany R from Gainesville
Yes, if you select the "13 inch Macbook Pro" option. Make sure you don't select the "retina display" Yes, if you select the "13 inch Macbook Pro" option. Make sure you don't select the "retina display" option. …
- Answered by Logan W from Travelers Rest
im i recommended to use something to cool down my laptop if I use a shell case
- Asked by Jean-laurent B
This case has holes where the fans are in the RMBP.
- Answered by Veronica L from Lincoln Park