Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay Wireless Speaker
Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay Wireless Speaker
Get pristine sound and wireless connectivity all within a package that fits into your life with the Z2 speaker and docking station from Bowers & Wilkins. Dock your latest generation iPhone or iPod using the Lightning connector or use AirPlay to stream any track from your iTunes library from wherever you are.
Z2’s design and sleek styling make it a versatile speaker suited to practically any home environment. The Lightning connector vanishes from view when not in use, it’s constructed from a sleek and highly durable combination of rubber and stainless steel and comes in a choice of white or black.
- Full-range drive units
- Lightning connector for docking and charging latest iPhone and iPod
- Flowport technology for great bass sound
- AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
- Class D amplifier technology
- High-quality digital-to-analogue convertors (DAC)
- Digital signal processing (DSP) monitors for great sound at all volume levels
Did you notice?You could even link up several Z2s to create a wireless multi-room sound system.
Apple Recommends ForGetting high-quality sound with the added convenience of WiFi.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay Wireless Speaker
- Remote control
- Power supply & cable
- Quick start guide
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz - 22,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Lightning Connector
- Other Features: AirPlay, Lightning Connector
- Connections: AirPlay, Lightning
- Drivers: 2 x 87.5 mm
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 180 mm/7.09 in.
- Width: 320 mm/12.6 in.
- Weight: 2600 g
- Length: 100 mm/3.94 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346314904
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Only if they did MM-1 with Airplay... otherwise z2 is superb piece of speakers from B&W. The design is beautiful and sleek, blends Only if they did MM-1 with Airplay... otherwise z2 is superb piece of speakers from B&W. The design is beautiful and sleek, blends in well. As I haven't tested the sound in store so was really excited when played my lossless through them... OMG it was beautiful, Closed my eyes and sat right in front of it and it feels like I was in Royal Albert Hall listening to LSO playing Bach. Filled the room beautifully, obvious note is that my living room is not huge so it definitely fills it well. Trying out some different genres like RnB, Rock, etc I was very positively surprised by the Bass from such a tiny package! The bass is very very decent. I don't know if it is my settings, but as I wanted to listen through the speakers after 2200 (have don't disturb thy neighbour policy) I couldn't get the sound down enough. Thus I don't really understand the reviews saying it does not perform well at higher volumes... and those saying the sound is not loud enough. At the price less than £200 definitely a buy!
On setting up the AIrplay, well super easy! Download the app follow the steps and you're fine!! If you skip ahead or think you know what your doing and haven't followed the steps, it might seem much trickier than it actually is. In Overall beautiful piece of kit and amazing sound. Superb music player while preparing food and stuff. …
- Written by Weixu Y from London
5 of 5 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the dock be compatible with the iPhone 6 or will the opening be too small for it?
- Asked by Mikael B from Rockland
Yes it works fine with the standard 6. In fact it fits in with a leather case, something that never Yes it works fine with the standard 6. In fact it fits in with a leather case, something that never worked with my 5. …
- Answered by Peter D
If I buy two of these, will they work together seamlessly?
- Asked by David C from Blacktown
can you airplay from a mac air computer
- Asked by Martyn B from Carnforth
No answers yet
Will the dock be compatible with the iPhone 6 Plus? (of course i'm talking about the connection, not airplay)
- Asked by Mario C from Paris
Yes it will, but without any case on the phone. I have one and it works perfectly.
- Answered by Rolando D from Naples
Can iPhone 6plus be put on the lightning dock?
- Asked by Zhang L from Boston
Yep ! My 6+ fits just perfectly ! How awesome is that ;p
Wouldn't fit with a case unless it's reall Yep ! My 6+ fits just perfectly ! How awesome is that ;p
Wouldn't fit with a case unless it's really slim though... …
- Answered by Jacques S from Charlemagne
Yes open System Preferences then and open Sound you will see output airplay
- Answered by Jason W