Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay Wireless Speaker
Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay Wireless Speaker
Get pristine sound and wireless connectivity all within a package that fits into your life with the Z2 speaker and docking station from Bowers & Wilkins. Dock your latest generation iPhone or iPod using the Lightning connector or use AirPlay to stream any track from your iTunes library from wherever you are.
Z2’s design and sleek styling make it a versatile speaker suited to practically any home environment. The Lightning connector vanishes from view when not in use, it’s constructed from a sleek and highly durable combination of rubber and stainless steel and comes in a choice of white or black.
- Full-range drive units
- Lightning connector for docking and charging latest iPhone and iPod
- Flowport technology for great bass sound
- AirPlay for high-resolution wireless audio streaming
- Class D amplifier technology
- High-quality digital-to-analogue convertors (DAC)
- Digital signal processing (DSP) monitors for great sound at all volume levels
Did you notice?You could even link up several Z2s to create a wireless multi-room sound system.
Apple Recommends ForGetting high-quality sound with the added convenience of WiFi.
What's in the Box?
- Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay Wireless Speaker
- Remote control
- Power supply & cable
- Quick start guide
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz - 22,000 Hz
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, Lightning Connector
- Other Features: AirPlay, Lightning Connector
- Connections: AirPlay, Lightning
- Drivers: 2 x 87.5 mm
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 180 mm/7.09 in.
- Width: 320 mm/12.6 in.
- Weight: 2600 g
- Length: 100 mm/3.94 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: FP33634
- UPC or EAN No.: 714346318421
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Great speaker let down by Airplay on ios
This is a brilliant little speaker. I bought the Z2 based on my experience with the B&W Zeppelin which I have in my living room wh This is a brilliant little speaker. I bought the Z2 based on my experience with the B&W Zeppelin which I have in my living room which I love. The sound is fantastic for such a small speaker and the design is very attractive.
My only issue with the speaker is the poor airplay implementation on ios. Ok, this isn't directly an issue with the speaker but it may sway your choice if you're thinking go buying into airplay speakers; ios doesn't allow you to stream to multiple speaker at a time like itunes on a computer does. I was very disappointed to find this out, i was hoping to stream to my z2 in my kitchen and my zeppelin in my living room. It's shame this has been overlooked by apple as Sonos has always enabled streaming to multiple speakers and it is now compatible with google play music on android. I hope apple review this as the b&w airplay speakers really are excellent. …
- Written by Robert G from Sandbach
3 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Yes open System Preferences then and open Sound you will see output airplay
- Answered by Jason W
On the pics above the dock is covered or not shown on some pics... Is there a way to cover the dock like that?
- Asked by Samin A from Toronto
The Dock itself is recessed, therefore on some of the photographs you cannot see it because of the a The Dock itself is recessed, therefore on some of the photographs you cannot see it because of the angle.
There is no specific cover for the dock …
- Answered by Stuart S from Ferrin
Can i plug this into my hdmi tv to watch my movies and listen to music?
- Asked by James R from La Mirada
not via HDMI.
there's a 3.5mm input jack that you can use as long as your TV has a 3.5mm AUX out not via HDMI.
there's a 3.5mm input jack that you can use as long as your TV has a 3.5mm AUX out and will provide you with stereo output only. …
- Answered by Mark O from Seattle
Will the B&W Z2 work with my new iMac through airplay?
- Asked by Kent B from Barrie
Yes! They work excellently. I just bought one, so I can speak from experience.
Notice that th Yes! They work excellently. I just bought one, so I can speak from experience.
Notice that there is a Browse By option in which you can select "Airplay" and see only those speakers that have Airplay capability. The Z2, of course, is included.
By the way, I have to tell you, this speaker is excellent, beyond anything I imagined possible in a compact [and attractive] design. …
- Answered by Richard B from Portland