Elgato Game Capture HD enables you to record PlayStation or Xbox gameplay to your Mac and share it with your friends. Advanced hardware H.264 encoding lets you capture in high quality while maintaining low file sizes, so you can post on the internet easily.
A single HDMI pass-through cable connects the Game Capture HD to your console, and the included software makes it easy to record even if you forget to press the record button. Flashback Recording lets you slide back in time on your Mac and hit the record button retroactively.
With one click you can share your gameplay on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and use the included software to trim your gaming scenes and pass them through iMovie or Final Cut.
- HD recording for Playstation and Xbox
- HDMI pass-through cable
- Flashback Recording feature to record retroactively
- One-click sharing to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Included software lets you trim gaming scenes
- Advanced H.264 compression
- Supported resolutions include 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- No power supply needed
Did you notice?Flashback Recording lets you record your gaming scenes retroactively.
Apple Recommends ForRecording and sharing your gaming accolades online.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Game Capture HD Game Recorder
- Quick start guide
- USB cable
- HDMI cable
- PlayStation 3 cable
- Resolution: Supported resolutions: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Height: 24 mm/0.94 in.
- Width: 73 mm/2.87 in.
- Weight: 5 oz./142 g
- Length: 109 mm/4.29 in.
- Mac OS X v10.7
- 2.0GHz or faster Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Windows 7
- 2.0GHz or faster dual core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: 10025010
- UPC or EAN No.: 4260195390485
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will the elgato hd game capture work with my Mac air it has 8gb ram and 1.7ghz BUT it turbos up to 3.3 ghz will it work
- Asked by Joseph B from Cleveland
No answers yet
Is there a way to use this as a video input, without using the Game Capture HD software?
- Asked by Theodore B from Vancouver
No answers yet
Will the elgato game capture HD work with next generation consoles? i.e. PS4 and Xbox one?
- Asked by Julia W from Tarragindi
Yes, it will work for Xbox One on day one, but Sony has said that they have to release a software up Yes, it will work for Xbox One on day one, but Sony has said that they have to release a software update to allow gamecapture through something such as the Elgato for the PS4. Both the Xbox One and PS4 have a built in game capture device, but it will not record for long sessions, only short clips. …
- Answered by Rafael S from Edmonton
Can Elgato Game Capture HD do the same job as Elgato Video Capture?
- Asked by Asaad R from Abu Dhabi
I already bought the card and I have found out that yes you can do, simply set the software for comp I already bought the card and I have found out that yes you can do, simply set the software for composite input and link the video cable (yellow) from VCR to the red RCA connector and the audio to the audio, so you have 2 cables free (green & blue).
if you have one audio connector from the VCR (mono), you can use a distributor to distribute the signal to the two connectors of the Elgato component cable. …
- Answered by Asaad R from Abu Dhabi
Will this work with my macbook air with a 1.8GHz processor?
- Asked by Adriana E from Denver