Elgato Game Capture HD enables you to record PlayStation or Xbox gameplay to your Mac and share it with your friends. Advanced hardware H.264 encoding lets you capture in high quality while maintaining low file sizes, so you can post on the internet easily.
A single HDMI pass-through cable connects the Game Capture HD to your console, and the included software makes it easy to record even if you forget to press the record button. Flashback Recording lets you slide back in time on your Mac and hit the record button retroactively.
With one click you can share your gameplay on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and use the included software to trim your gaming scenes and pass them through iMovie or Final Cut.
- HD recording for Playstation and Xbox
- HDMI pass-through cable
- Flashback Recording feature to record retroactively
- One-click sharing to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Included software lets you trim gaming scenes
- Advanced H.264 compression
- Supported resolutions include 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- No power supply needed
Did you notice?Flashback Recording lets you record your gaming scenes retroactively.
Apple Recommends ForRecording and sharing your gaming accolades online.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Game Capture HD Game Recorder
- Quick start guide
- USB cable
- HDMI cable
- PlayStation 3 cable
- Resolution: Supported resolutions: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Height: 24 mm/0.94 in.
- Width: 73 mm/2.87 in.
- Weight: 5 oz./142 g
- Length: 109 mm/4.29 in.
- Mac OS X v10.7
- 2.0GHz or faster Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Windows 7
- 2.0GHz or faster dual core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: 10025010
- UPC or EAN No.: 4260195390485
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can you use an elgato with a tv on the wall
- Asked by Elias R from Laurence Harbor
yes you can you just have to hook it up to the HDMI insert in your tv
- Answered by Trevor M from Rowayton
Will the elgato game capture HD work with next generation consoles? i.e. PS4 and Xbox one?
- Asked by Julia W from Tarragindi
Yes, it will work for Xbox One on day one, but Sony has said that they have to release a software up Yes, it will work for Xbox One on day one, but Sony has said that they have to release a software update to allow gamecapture through something such as the Elgato for the PS4. Both the Xbox One and PS4 have a built in game capture device, but it will not record for long sessions, only short clips. …
- Answered by Rafael S from Edmonton
why cant the elgato game capture connect to the ps3 threw the hdmi why do you have to use the component? And will i be able to play in 1080p still?
- Asked by Shannon B from Fombell
You can't use the HDMI on a PS3 because PS3 is a Sony product and they "honor/is compliant with" Hig You can't use the HDMI on a PS3 because PS3 is a Sony product and they "honor/is compliant with" High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HBDC). The HDMI cable supports the "handshake" between devices that the data transmitted is not being "intercepted" mid-stream, which is exactly what you are doing with the Elgato, therefore you need to use the component cables from the PS3 to the Elgato (component cables dont use HBDC), then use the HDMI from Elgato to the TV.
Component cables are still able to send a 1080p or 1080i resolution image, so you are still getting what is considered the bottom end of "HD" (1080). You can still play and view the game in 1080 on the TV (60 frames per second) while simultaniously recording it on your PC or Mac via USB output from the Elgato (at 30 frames per second at 1080, 60 frames per second at 720). The Elgato allows you to play and record at different resolutions (view on TV at 1080 while recording on the Mac/PC at 1080 or 720 or 480 or 576, etc) …
- Answered by Bryan C from Orange Park
Can Elgato Game Capture HD do the same job as Elgato Video Capture?
- Asked by Asaad R from Abu Dhabi
I already bought the card and I have found out that yes you can do, simply set the software for comp I already bought the card and I have found out that yes you can do, simply set the software for composite input and link the video cable (yellow) from VCR to the red RCA connector and the audio to the audio, so you have 2 cables free (green & blue).
if you have one audio connector from the VCR (mono), you can use a distributor to distribute the signal to the two connectors of the Elgato component cable. …
- Answered by Asaad R from Abu Dhabi
Can you use this with an old fat tv?
- Asked by Juan R. D from El Paso
You need any TV with HDMI.
- Answered by Noah O from Traverse City