With the RuggedKey, the last thing to fear is data loss. The RuggedKey is drop resistant up to 100m, heat and cold resistant, and IP-54 certified for dust and water projection resistance. Plus, the AES 256-bit encryption means it’s secure from the inside out. And with the USB 3.0 interface, the RuggedKey boasts speeds up to 100MB/s.
- 100-metre drop resistant
- Heat and cold resistant
- IP-54 certified for dust and water projection resistance
- AES 256-bit encryption
- USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 100MB/s
Did you notice?AES 256-bit encryption keeps your data secure while the RuggedKey casing keeps it safe.
Apple Recommends ForProtect and transfer your most important data from all the elements.
What's in the Box?
- LaCie RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- Software suite: LaCie Private-Public, Wuala
- Connections : USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- OS X 10.5 or later
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port
- Mfr. Part Number : 9000146
- UPC or EAN No. : 093053838645
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- USB 3.0 speeds are only available on devices that support USB 3.0 interfaces
Ratings & Reviews
I'm impressed with the ability of this drive to transfer both large and multiple files at very good speeds. Over all it's a great product, high speed and good-looking. …
- Written by Seamus T
14 of 14 people found this useful
Like a lot of people, I have a habit of leaving my USB devices plugged into my laptop or just lying around. I was happy to learn t hat you can easily set up a secure 256-bit encrypted area on the LaCie Rugged Key. Within a few moments I had a secure area of storage on my device that I knew was safe from prying eyes. …
- Written by Elise C
14 of 15 people found this useful
Exactly what I needed
My old favourite thumb drives looked very nice, but because of the swivel design, it ended up getting filled with dust and stuff, until I couldn't actually plug it into my computer anymore! I replaced with one of these little drives, and loving the rubber casing that goes all the way around. Hopefully it will last longer than my first drive! …
- Written by Casper N
6 of 7 people found this useful
Great Flash Drive
Awesome drive. Very easy to use. Fits perfectly on my keychain, so it's always with me, and looks cool. Best of all, it's very dur able and has excellent transfer speeds. …
- Written by Pat Z
2 of 2 people found this useful
Rugged, Fast and Reliable
I love this drive. It's rugged, stylish, and it's got plenty of space. But most importantly, it works just great!
- Written by Jennifer P
2 of 3 people found this useful
Great combination of form and function
This is a simply brilliant product - 16 GB, USB 3.0, rugged design and a year of free one-to-one cloud storage. The read/write spe eds are great. Also, it's very stylish. Looks great on my key-chain, and looks great next to my iMac. Highly recommend it. …
- Written by Jasmin T
5 of 6 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
No. As it turns out, even though the device is password protected, you will still need to download t he file, edit it, then re-upload the file to the password-protected portion of the drive. …
- Answered by George J
Recommended for transfers of Data. Does that include audiobooks, music, photo, and movies? What about sound, video quality? Work with TV?
- Asked by Sandra S from Conyers
It's simply a USB drive. Audio files, images, and movies are all data and thus will be able to be sa ved on the LaCie Flash Drive.
It won't affect video or sound quality. …
- Answered by Lewys J
Can the following product be incorporated with the I-pad 2? LaCie 16GB RuggedKey USB 3.0 Flash Drive Key for a rugged lifestyle. Design by Neil Poul.
- Asked by Robert T from Madison
No answers yet