Designed for mobile and Mac
Line 6's Mobile Keys 49 controller eliminates worrying about adapters, drivers or compatibility issues. It directly connects to your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Mac, so you can use a single, great-feeling keyboard every time you want to create. Thanks to class-compliant operation on each platform, Mobile Keys 49 works the first time you plug it in, no driver downloads required.
Ideal for GarageBand, CoreMIDI apps and your favorite DAW
Whether you're in your home studio or on the go, Mobile Keys 49 is designed to work with all your favourite software and apps. Use it with GarageBand and other CoreMIDI multi-track studios, virtual instruments and drum machines on your mobile devices – or with digital audio workstations such as Logic on your Mac.
Experience up to nine hours of creativity on a single iPad charge, thanks to a new technology platform that enables Mobile Keys 49 to run on less power than similar products. You can connect Mobile Keys 49 directly to your computer, iPod touch, iPhone or iPad with a single cable and start playing – no adapters, power supply or batteries needed.
- Premium keybed and 49 full-sized, velocity-sensitive keys for expressive playability
- Ideal for GarageBand, other CoreMIDI music apps and popular digital audio workstations
- Pitch and Mod wheels for expressive effects
- Volume and Pan knobs; Octave Up and Down buttons
- Shift button for accessing advanced functions including Transpose, MIDI Channel, Program Change, Velocity Curve and more
- 6.3mm Sustain pedal jack; 6.3mm Expression pedal jack
- USB jack for computer connection
- MIDI Memo Recorder app (free download on App Store) lets you save and restore MIDI settings
- Locking cable with 30-pin connector and USB cable included
Did you notice?With up to nine hours of playing time on a single iPad charge, you can get a fully mobile experience.
Apple Recommends ForA great music playing experience on your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad.
What's in the Box?
- Line 6 Mobile Keys 49 Keyboard Controller
- Locking cable with 30-pin connector for mobile devices (3 ft./91.44 cm)
- USB cable
- Height: 69 mm/2.7 in.
- Width: 178 mm/7 in.
- Weight: 2.33 kg
- Length: 805 mm/31.7 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: 99-072-0515
- UPC or EAN No.: 614252020305
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone or a guitar, and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-off in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone’s recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume — solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally pre-recorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud
• Email songs straight from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-off in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
It can be used on a Mac computer as well as an iDevice, if that's what you mean.
- Answered by John O
Is this product incompatible with the iPad mini or has this page just not yet been updated?
- Asked by David W from Austin
Just tested it with my iPad mini and the lightning to 30pin adapter. Works fine.
- Answered by Alexander K from Bristol
Does this device have speakers, or will it only play aloud through another device?
- Asked by Jennie B from Hilo
Can I use this to LEARN to play the piano?
- Asked by Rosemary M from Venetia
I personally do not own this but any keyboard is a great beginners keyboard... BUT I would buy one t I personally do not own this but any keyboard is a great beginners keyboard... BUT I would buy one that the corresponding keys light up In accordance to the notes. They are the same price and they all usually come with midi outputs for a computer. …
- Answered by Mcarthur W from Bremerton
Does Line 6 Mobile Keys 49 Controller work with "Synthesia" which is a midi software piano program.
- Asked by Louis R from Kutztown
The Mobile Keys keyboards work with any iOS app that supports CoreMIDI for MIDI input. The Synthesi The Mobile Keys keyboards work with any iOS app that supports CoreMIDI for MIDI input. The Synthesia app doesn't seem to be available yet. …
- Answered by Gordon C G from Canoga Park