Adobe® InDesign® CS6 software is a professional page layout application that gives you pixel-perfect control over design and typography. Create elegant and engaging pages with features including Live Preflight, comprehensive styles, and sophisticated text-handling capabilities. New tools make adapting layouts for myriad printed page and screen sizes more efficient. Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* to publish InDesign layouts as tablet applications.
Publishing for digital devices
Design compelling eBooks, create cutting-edge content for tablets that can be distributed by integrating with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite*, and export interactive layouts as SWF or PDF files.
Design stunning documents and print directly or as PDF files to desktop or professional printers. Work efficiently with linked content, Content Collector tools, and more.
Integration with other Adobe solutions
Move smoothly from design to output, thanks to tight integration with industry-leading Adobe software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Flash Professional.
Preflight and production tools
Speed up production and help reduce errors with live preflighting, document-installed, document-installed fonts, background PDF file export, JDF technology, and PDF/X export.
Produce sophisticated page layouts with linked content, Alternate Layout, Content Collector tools, Smart Guides, rapid table creation, and on-object controls.
Robust text composition
Create beautiful, sophisticated text with styles, text wrap, the Paragraph Composer, OpenType® support, drop caps, and style mapping for EPUB export.
Built-in creative tools
Explore creatively with integrated drawing tools, nondestructive effects, built-in Photoshop effects, fine transparency controls, and support for 3D Photoshop artwork.
Create powerful automated workflows using standards-based XML features to lay out pages with text and images. Incorporate database-driven content to publish across channels.
Design for custom publishing using InDesign Markup Language (IDML), an XML-based file format that enables developers to create or modify files using standard XML tools.
Collaboration in editorial workflows
Improve collaboration between design and editorial teams with tight integration between InDesign and Adobe InCopy® software.
Access to Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
Access Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* from within InDesign to publish engaging digital documents for a range of tablet devices. New Single Edition lets you publish a single app to iPad.
Apply liquid page rules to automatically adapt content when you create an alternate layout with a different size or orientation in InDesign.
- Publishing for digital devices
- Print publishing
- Integration with other Adobe solutions
- Preflight and production tools
- Productivity tools
- Robust text composition
- Built-in creative tools
- Collaboration in editorial workflows
- Access to Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
- Liquid layout
- Export to Flash Professional
- Enhanced eBook authoring
- Embedded video and audio eBooks
- Articles panel controls the sequence of text images and graphics
- Styles mapped to tags in EPUB export
- Dynamic image resizing
Did you notice?Integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite* to publish InDesign layouts as tablet applications.
Apple Recommends ForDesigners and publishers who work for magazines, design firms, advertising agencies, and retail/catalog companies, as well as in corporate design, commercial printing, and other leading-edge publishing environments.
What's in the Box?
- Adobe InDesign CS6
- Internet Access : Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media : DVD
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 to v10.8
- 2.6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
- 1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
- Broadband Internet connection required for online services
- 1024 by 768 display resolution (1280 by 800 recommended)
- 16-bit video card
- DVD-ROM drive
- Adobe Flash Player 10 software required to export SWF files
- Mfr. Part Number : 65161186
- UPC or EAN No. : 5051254530374
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- * A Digital Publishing Suite account is required to access certain features and services that integrate with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Michelle L from Idaho Falls
No, Mac OSX software is not compatible with Apple mobile device (iPad, iPhone, iPod) operating syste m (iOS). Adobe has a limited version of Photoshop that is available for iPad. PhotoShop for iPad is one of the most in depth mobile photo/graphics editing apps available, supports layers, transparent backgrounds & rich text editing. As well as importing photos & images saved in Photos or Camera Roll & saving finished projects to Camera Roll & exporting via "Open in App..." feature to other apps & cloud doc sites. …
- Answered by Skyler H from Portland