Studio quality anywhere
About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to vibraphones, pianos to percussion and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad with GarageBand.
Three products in one small package
MiC integrates a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Each part of MiC is designed to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
Built for the future
Introduced in 2011, the original MiC became the mobile microphone of choice for artists desiring that big-studio microphone sound. The latest MiC delivers unsurpassed recording quality. It's optimised for the newest iOS devices, allowing you to record in pristine fidelity up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
Since 1985, Apogee has continually produced award-winning technology that powers many of the world's most respected studios. Apogee products have been instrumental in capturing countless GRAMMY and OSCAR winning performances.
- PureDIGITAL connection delivers pristine sound quality
- Designed for vocal, spoken word and acoustic instrument recording
- Up to 96 kHz/24-bit HD recording
- Works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac
- Lightning, 30-pin and Mac USB cables included
- Easy to use, no setup required
- Gain knob and level indicator make setting level easy
- Made for GarageBand and Logic Pro
- Low-noise digital connection with high-gain, studio-quality preamp
- Made in the U.S.A.
Did you notice?Three products in one, MiC combines a microphone, a mic preamp and a digital converter – everything you need to record.
Apple Recommends ForAnyone who wants a high-quality digital microphone with incredible sound and total portability for recording on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Apogee MiC digital microphone
- Lightning cable for connection to iOS devices (1 m/3.3 ft.)
- 30-pin cable for connection to iOS devices (0.5 m/1.6 ft.)
- QuickStart guide
- Desktop tripod
- Microphone stand adaptor
- QuickStart guide
- Height: 11.58 cm/4.56 in.
- Width: 3.86 cm/1.52 in.
- Mac OS X v10.7.5 or later or iOS 6.1 or later
- 1.5 GHz or faster Intel processor
- 2 GB of RAM minimum; 4 GB recommended
- For Mac: GarageBand, Logic Pro, MainStage or any Core Audio compatible application. For iOS: Made for GarageBand on iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Works with other Core Audio compatible apps.
- Mfr. Part Number: MIC
- UPC or EAN No.: 805676301150
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a fully featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone or a guitar, and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-off in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone’s recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume — solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally pre-recorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube and SoundCloud
• Email songs straight from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-off in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation). …
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can you monitor real time while recording with the Apogee MiC Digital Microphone?
- Asked by Kane H
What microphone does apple sell that is best for recording piano?
- Asked by Noah C from Mclean
Apogee MiC sounds great on Piano and acoustic instruments. There is a great YouTube video of Ted Gow Apogee MiC sounds great on Piano and acoustic instruments. There is a great YouTube video of Ted Gowans from Tegan and Sarah recording acoustic instruments with MiC. …
- Answered by Rob C from Nashville
Can this mic be used during a regular phone call?
- Asked by Christos G from Laval
It cannot :( It can work with apps like iCall and Skype
- Answered by John R
The mic works in Garage Band for IPad retina display or 4 (generation)?
- Asked by Gabriel S from Bayamon
Yes, but you'll need the 30-pin to Lighting adapter to plug it in.
- Answered by Donald S from Los Angeles