The G-Technology G-RAID Thunderbolt Hard Drive helps you get the most out of your professional content-creation applications. It's 12 times faster than FireWire 800, providing the raw speed that you need for media driven workflows and editing.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Ultra-fast, high-performance Thunderbolt interface technology
- Double the data transfer rates of USB 3.0 and more than 12 times faster than FireWire 800
- RAID 0 for maximum performance
- Supports multi-stream HDV, DVCPro HD, XDCAM HD, ProRes 422 and uncompressed SD workflows
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for easy access and daisy-chaining up to six Thunderbolt compatible peripherals
- Time Machine-ready, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS X
- 7200 RPM drive technology
- Solid all-aluminium case for excellent durability
Did you notice?To use this Thunderbolt drive with your Mac, you'll need a Thunderbolt cable.
Apple Recommends ForManaging multi-stream HDV, uncompressed SD and other high-capacity workflows on your Mac with ease.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-RAID Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- Power cable
- Mains adapter
- Quick start guide
- Thunderbolt cable
- Other Features: Kensington Port, RAID support, Time Machine compatible, Upgradeable / Expandable
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 85.7 mm/3.37 in.
- Width: 130 mm/5.12 in.
- Length: 235 mm/9.25 in.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02272
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487189797
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this act as a storage facility as well? As I want to store photos on it
- Asked by Jon H
It IS a storage facility; you can store any kind of file on it, including photos, or you can use it It IS a storage facility; you can store any kind of file on it, including photos, or you can use it as a TimeMachine backup. …
- Answered by David A
Is Thunderbolt really beneficial in terms of performance with hard drives?
- Asked by Jun Su P from Rensselaer
Is it dual voltage? 110 v and 220 v ?
- Asked by April G from Clearwater
No answers yet
is it compatible with os 10.9 with no problems?
- Asked by Oliver B
I have not noticed any problems.
- Answered by David A
does the G-drive 4 TB Thunderbolt external hard drive come with a thunderbolt cable?
- Asked by Paul C from Philadelphia
Yes. I just ordered mine and it came in today. It was the first thing in the box
- Answered by Jake C from Springfield
Looking to get into filming weddings. I will have lots of footage. So as not fill Comp HD- will this G drive be quick with final cut x?
- Asked by Gerald M from Cinnaminson
Yes. I use one for Final Cut Pro X. It is fast and reliable.
- Answered by Martin N