The G-Technology G-RAID Thunderbolt Hard Drive helps you get the most out of your professional content-creation applications. It's 12 times faster than FireWire 800, providing the raw speed that you need for media driven workflows and editing.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
Thunderbolt gives you up to 10 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Ultra-fast, high-performance Thunderbolt interface technology
- Double the data transfer rates of USB 3.0 and more than 12 times faster than FireWire 800
- RAID 0 for maximum performance
- Supports multi-stream HDV, DVCPro HD, XDCAM HD, ProRes 422 and uncompressed SD workflows
- Dual Thunderbolt ports for easy access and daisy-chaining up to six Thunderbolt compatible peripherals
- Time Machine-ready, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS X
- 7200 RPM drive technology
- Solid all-aluminium case for excellent durability
Did you notice?To use this Thunderbolt drive with your Mac, you'll need a Thunderbolt cable.
Apple Recommends ForManaging multi-stream HDV, uncompressed SD and other high-capacity workflows on your Mac with ease.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-RAID Thunderbolt Hard Drive
- Power cable
- Mains adapter
- Quick start guide
- Thunderbolt cable
- Other Features: Kensington Port, RAID support, Time Machine compatible, Upgradeable / Expandable
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 85.7 mm/3.37 in.
- Width: 130 mm/5.12 in.
- Length: 235 mm/9.25 in.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: 0G02272
- UPC or EAN No.: 705487189797
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this act as a storage facility as well? As I want to store photos on it
- Asked by Jon H
It IS a storage facility; you can store any kind of file on it, including photos, or you can use it It IS a storage facility; you can store any kind of file on it, including photos, or you can use it as a TimeMachine backup. …
- Answered by David A
is it compatible with os 10.9 with no problems?
- Asked by Oliver B
I have not noticed any problems.
- Answered by David A
does the G-drive 4 TB Thunderbolt external hard drive come with a thunderbolt cable?
- Asked by Paul C from Philadelphia
Yes. I just ordered mine and it came in today. It was the first thing in the box
- Answered by Jake C from Springfield
Looking to get into filming weddings. I will have lots of footage. So as not fill Comp HD- will this G drive be quick with final cut x?
- Asked by Gerald M from Cinnaminson
Yes. I use one for Final Cut Pro X. It is fast and reliable.
- Answered by Martin N
Can a G raid drive be used as a network file server
- Asked by Mark O from Ada
Not as it ships out of the box. You can of course (and this applies to any Mac) add the drive to a M Not as it ships out of the box. You can of course (and this applies to any Mac) add the drive to a Mac and use the drive as a shared volume. You could choose to have the Mac it's attached to provide this service using Mac OS File Sharing, or if you have more sophisticated needs you could install the Mac OS Server version of the system software.
Whilst I haven't used this particular product in such a set up I do run two networks where I have large RAID systems attached to Mac Minis which run headless and act as servers for the networks. …
- Answered by Keith G from Lee Mill
Can I use this with my mini server & can I allow access for storage and max number chained linked together bought for iTunes backup used 1TB 7TB left
- Asked by Allan B from Gold Coast