Capture information with your colleagues as a mindmap and quickly and easily take the results to create the initial structure of your project.
Elements lets you attach key data and information to individual activities, milestones and projects. Take advantage of the six different types of Elements that Merlin provides to integrate into your project plans. It helps you keep all key data, documents and information readily available and organised to help you retain control, while offering version control and a history of changes.
Merlin understands multiple file formats including MS Project, MPP, XML or MPX files, letting you easily collaborate with colleagues using MS Office Project on Windows. Plus it offers support for many other formats including import of NovaMind, MindManager, Excel, XML and more for superior data integration.
Use Merlin to work collaboratiely with team members located in the same office via a local area network or accessing the project file remotely. Project access is controlled through user permissions and passwords to ensure the upmost data security.
Merlin is designed specifically for Mac OS X. Take advantage of Merlin Web-Sharing to publish your projects and enable access for Windows PC, Linux or Solaris users. With a supported Web browser, Merlin project files can be viewed and actively worked on.
Available as a free download from the App Store - Merlin iPhone lets you work on published Merlin project files directly from your iPhone or iPod touch.
- 360-degree perspective - work on your project from any point of view
- Inspector – the one stop shop for all the data you need to enter or extract
- Merlin Library – the information warehouse
- Search through your project using as much or as little information as you need
- Publish projects so other Merlin users can work on the same project together
- Synchronise your Merlin project file with iCal so you can see your entire project activities list in a familiar calendar view
- Easily produce project printouts
Did you notice?It is easy to Collaborate on Merlin projects whether team members are located in the same office via a local area network or accessing the project file remotely.
Apple Recommends ForA professional project management tool designed for Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Project Wizards Merlin 2 CD
- Product manual
- Quick install guide
- Internet Access : Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media : CD
- OS X 10.4 or later
- Power Mac G4 or Intel
- 256 MB
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Features English, French and German language support
Ratings & Reviews
Proven and stable software
The software has long been established and has won several awards and is one of the few that is designed for Mac users. Regular up dates and interfaces to all major other software products (Things, Daylight, ..) are in addition to the exceptionally good support a strong buy recommendation …
- Written by Michael S from Berlin
A clear 5 stars!
Not sure which version of Merlin the other reviewer used, but I am more than happy with this project management software. For all areas - not just the resources, but also time calculation, import & export and many others it works like a charm. Much better than others (especially MS Project)! …
- Written by Jonathan R from Swansea
2 of 2 people found this useful
Not good in handling resources
I bought this software since there are few project management programs for Mac. But it has disappointed me deeply. It has many goo d aspect, but when it comes to handle your resources it becomes useless. It can only handle human resources. When it comes to handling materials it is useless. Use MS Project. …
- Written by søren O from Nykøbing Mors
11 of 15 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Daren H
- Asked by Gemma F