Civilisation V: Game of the Year Edition combines the award-winning base game with bonus content for endless hours of challenges and entertainment. You get new civilisations, new maps, new scenarios and more importantly, new ways to conquer the world.
The original game lets you choose from one of eighteen historical civilisations and lead them from the stone-age to the space-age as you build your powerful empire. Expanded visuals and immersive audio invite would-be kings to take up the reins of power while hugely immersive battles and landscapes makes wars feel massive with entire armies speeding across the map. An intuitive interface is great for both new and veteran gamers and online, cross platform support lets you compete with other players all over the world.
Bonus Scenario Packs
Game of the Year Edition includes five additional scenario packs, letting your take control of 5 extra civilisations including Polynesia, Denmark — The Vikings, Babylon, Spain and the Incas.
Extra Map Packs
All four Cradle of Civilisation map packs are included giving you access to real-world locations such as the Americas, Asia, Mediterranean and Mesopotamia. The extra Explorer's maps are based on a combination of real-world places chosen for their historical interest and scripted-map environments that expand your gameplay possibilities.
- Write your own epic story each time you play
- Choose one of eighteen historical civilisations to lead from the stone-age to the space-age
- Build the world’s most powerful empire
- An intuitive interface eases both new and veterans players into the game
- Be guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain game functionality and provide counsel for significant decisions
- The addition of ranged bombardment lets you fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging you to develop clever new strategies
- Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape
- Combat is more exciting and intense than ever before
- Bonus content includes 5 extra scenario and map packs
Did you notice?This is the fifth offering in the multi-award winning Civilisation strategy game series featuring the famously addictive “just one more turn” gameplay.
Apple Recommends ForEveryone who wants to become immersed in the world of empire building and battle. Lead your civilisation from the stone-age through to the space-age with Civilisation V.
What's in the Box?
- Civilisation V: Game of the Year Edition DVD
- Quick Start Guide
- Tech Tree
- Internet Access : Internet Access Required
- Media : DVD
- OS X 10.6.4 or later
- Intel Core 2 Duo or later
- 8 GB free space
- 2 GB
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 or NVidia Geforce 8600
- Mouse and Keyboard
- 256 MB
- Mfr. Part Number : 12570
- UPC or EAN No. : 5051292100393
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Michael D from Cardiff