BIG JAMBOX by Jawbone is an amazing-sounding wireless speaker and speakerphone that lets you share your music anywhere. It easily delivers powerful streaming audio from your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac or other Bluetooth devices. Bring music, movies and all your mobile audio vibrantly to life.
Precision-tuned drivers and dual passive bass radiators work together to give you impressively clear, full audio at any volume. Exclusive LiveAudio technology lets you experience your music as if you're in the front row—immersing you in 3D sound.
Stream all your digital media from any Bluetooth device and control it from across the room. Or use the buttons on top of BIG JAMBOX to pause, play and skip. Thanks to a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts up to 15 hours, you can really keep the party going.
Stainless steel construction and compact size make BIG JAMBOX a perfect companion for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Take it along wherever you go.
Smart and updateable
This SmartSpeaker evolves and gets better every time you plug it in. Just sync it with Jawbone's MyTALK online platform to customise BIG JAMBOX and to download apps, software upgrades and exclusive content.
Conference on the go
There's a built-in microphone (Type 1-compliant) that lets you enjoy hands-free calls and video chats using FaceTime, Skype and more. Whether you're in a conference room or cooking in the kitchen, your conversations will come through loud, crisp and clear.
- Stream wireless stereo audio from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or other Bluetooth devices from anywhere in a room
- Share music, movies, games, and other media
- Conference on the go
- Experience shimmering highs and thumping bass wherever you go
- Download apps and software updates via Jawbone MyTALK
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth or auxiliary stereo jack
- Built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- About 15 hours of continuous play per charge
- Battery life displayed on iPhone
Did you notice?As an intelligent speaker system, BIG JAMBOX gets better with time. It downloads apps and free software upgrades at Jawbone MyTALK.
Apple Recommends ForStream crisp highs and powerful lows from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- BIG JAMBOX by Jawbone wireless speakers
- Micro USB cable
- 3.5 mm stereo cable
- AC charger
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Other Features: Bluetooth
- Connections: Bluetooth
- Power Source: Battery Power, USB
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Height: 93 mm/3.6 in.
- Width: 254 mm/10 in.
- Weight: 1230 g
- Length: 80 mm/3.1 in.
- Mfr. Part Number: JB2011-01
- UPC or EAN No.: 847912002896
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- iPod models without Bluetooth capability can connect via the 3.5mm aux-in port. MyTALK requires OS X 10.5 or later.
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPad with Retina display
Ratings & Reviews
I was given this speaker as a birthday present. It is extremely impressive. The set-up is very simple and straight-forward. Pairin I was given this speaker as a birthday present. It is extremely impressive. The set-up is very simple and straight-forward. Pairing with my iPhone, iPad, iPod-Touch and MacBook Air was simple and intuitive. The voice-prompts are very helpful. It is the sound quality that is most impressive. The bass is rich and deep, without being overpowering. The treble is distinct and undistorted. The overall quality of the sound is very high, and it fills my apartment easily. If I compare it to a docked-system, such as a B&W Zeppelin, the quality is almost as high. For the price, this is a superb piece of kit. The smaller Jambox is more portable, and almost as impressive. Overall, if you want portability, wireless and quality it is hard to beat. Five stars! …
- Written by Alan B from Mottram St. Andrew
13 of 13 people found this useful
Different beast to original Jambox...with much more roar!
I love the original Jambox. I've taken it with me travelling many times due to its unnoticeable portably. It really changes the wa I love the original Jambox. I've taken it with me travelling many times due to its unnoticeable portably. It really changes the way music and films sound while I'm away and I'd be a bit lost without it quite frankly.
The new Big Jambox is different though. I won't be able to throw this in my case, unless I do without a soap bag and at least one pair of shoes. (hmm..maybe)
But what I have with the Big Jambox is a sort of 'around the house' portability. Wherever I go, it goes, kind of thing. It sounds far better than the original Jambox. With more size comes greater volume and that's clean volume too. Much more heft across all frequencies make it a lovely rich experience to listen to.
Also, the styling (I have the white one) is beautiful and unassuming. For the relatively low price it's really up there with the bang and olufsens of this world, only you're getting it for a third of what those devices would cost you and Big Jambox would still probably sound better.
Another great benefit is the telephone fuctionality. Phone calls sound better both ends due to better mic in Big Jambox over the original. if you press the 'J' button on the top it activates voice dialling on the iPhone, on the iPhone 4s it's even better. it'll wake Siri up and If you have iTunes match up and running, you can ask for any song etc in your entire library and it'll play it without you having to even look at you're phone. Neat! (even better when Siri is less stupid)
I loved the original Jambox and ditto for this one. …
- Written by James J from London
34 of 34 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can i recharge the battery via USB port? I am thinking of putting it in my car, which can only recharge via USB.
- Asked by Junping L from Campsie
No. The USB port on this is for connecting it to your computer to update it, not to charge it. There No. The USB port on this is for connecting it to your computer to update it, not to charge it. There is a separate port for charging. The small Jambox uses the micro USB port for charging and connecting to the computer, so if that's what you want to use it for, look at the smaller one. …
- Answered by Jenna M from Portland
if I buy the Jambox through apple, will it work with ANY android phone or just the IPHONE?
- Asked by Patricia B from Glen Ellyn
It should, depending on whether or not your device has Bluetooth or a headphone jack. It will work w It should, depending on whether or not your device has Bluetooth or a headphone jack. It will work with any device that sends audio out over Bluetooth or using a headphone jack. …
- Answered by Carl C from Ouje-bougoumou
Is the big JAM BOX comatible with the Macbook Pro?
- Asked by John C from Edgartown
Yes, I had no issues.
- Answered by Ryan W from Elmhurst
I travel a lot. How rugged is it? Is there a protective case?
- Asked by Roberta B from Winnipeg
Not really rugged. The case is sold separately. Bringing along for travel... Just almost like a shoe Not really rugged. The case is sold separately. Bringing along for travel... Just almost like a shoe size.. If you could compromise that.. Is a great companion. …
- Answered by Poh J
Can I use two Big Jambox speaker at the same time?
- Asked by Stephane P from Shefford
You can in a workaround. By using AirPlay and 2 Airport Express for example. You can connect 2 Big J You can in a workaround. By using AirPlay and 2 Airport Express for example. You can connect 2 Big Jambox's to 2 AirPort Express via aux in cable. Then play iTunes thru airplay for example. Not as convenient and more expensive than having multi speaker bluetooth but it works. …
- Answered by Robert S from San Francisco
Does anyone know the speakers total watts? How loud can this speaker get?
- Asked by Craig B from Lower Branch
The big jambox have total output of 36 watts
- Answered by Ariel M