Philips DC390 Dual Dock Clock Radio with Remote
Philips DC390 Dual Dock Clock Radio with Remote
The Philips DC390 dual docking clock radio delivers surprisingly rich, deep sound in a stylish and attractive brushed aluminium finish. Plus it lets you charge two devices—iPhone, iPad, or iPod—simultaneously
Wake up your way
Dual alarms let you set different times for weekdays and weekends, or even vary the alarm settings for more than one person. The gentle wake up feature gradually increases alarm volume, and allows you to wake to your favorite music, radio station, or buzzer alarm.
Great sound and convenience
The Digital Sound Control and Dynamic Bass Boost features combine to provide sound performance that rivals much larger audio systems. The smartly designed spring-loaded docking port allows you to effortlessly dock your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, even in a protective case. And when you connect and dock your device, the DC390 automatically synchronises the clock with it within a few seconds. So you never need to set the time manually.
- Play your iPod/iPhone/iPad and charge two devices at once
- FM stereo tuner with 20 station presets
- Dual Alarms with Gentle Wake feature and sleep timer
- Full-function wireless remote control
- 10 watts RMS total output power
- Digital Sound Control offers a choice of preset EQ settings
- Dynamic Bass Boost for great sound at all listening levels
- Aux-in for easy connection of other electronic devices
- Auto clock synchronisation with iPod/iPhone/iPad when docked
- Neodymium speaker driver for rich and clear sound
- Battery backup (battery not included)
Did you notice?The two spring-loaded docking ports let you easily dock two of your Apple devices, even if they're in protective cases.
Apple Recommends ForKeep two iPhone, iPod, or iPad devices charged—while listening and waking to the music on one of them.
What's in the Box?
- Philips DC390 Docking Clock Radio
- Wireless remote control
- Aux-in cable
- User manual
- Quick start guide
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, 30 Pin Dock
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 4.5 in./11.4 cm
- Width: 10.3 in./26.3 cm
- Weight: 3.1 lb./1.9 kg
- Length: 6.5 in./16.5 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: DC390/37
- UPC or EAN No.: 8712581610586
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty: One-year limited (For details, please visit www.support.philips.com/support/html/index_us_en.html)
0800 048 0408 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
A best docking system
This one is the best one for both ipad and iphones a best deal to buy
- Written by Jouni H from Jyväskylä
105 of 128 people found this useful
Initial experience is wow- great sound
Yet to use the whole thing but against the BOSE it replaced the sound is amazing, its a quality build, feels solid and works out o Yet to use the whole thing but against the BOSE it replaced the sound is amazing, its a quality build, feels solid and works out of the box- I just plugged my iPhone in and the date time synced and started playing music. Great- I got it when Apple had their sale and only paid £97- not sure I would pay the asking price as it has no DAB or wireless function. …
- Written by ANDREW MARK W from Gainsborough
59 of 62 people found this useful
Great sound, good looking. Very pleased.
Absolutely love this clock radio. Waken up to playlist on iPhone, or radio from iPhone if desired - not sure quite how that worked Absolutely love this clock radio. Waken up to playlist on iPhone, or radio from iPhone if desired - not sure quite how that worked as read somewhere that this wasn't possible - but it is - cos we did!
You can turn the display light down, which I like to do for sleeping, or even off if desired.
Sound is FANTASTIC, even without the optional Bass boost!!!
Only gripes: find the iPad a little difficult to dock, and am a bit apprehensive that I may break connection someday. Not sure if it is me or the dock.
The button for turning the alarm to snooze, which also functions as the means by which the display brightness is altered is a bit "clunky" and on such a good piece of equipment this is a little disappointing.
HOWEVER overall, 9/10 and YES, despite my tiny gripes, I love it and would buy again.
Recommend this product! …
- Written by Rosemary B from Bangor
58 of 63 people found this useful
The sound of this dock is awesome, but I give to it one start because is not compatible with Ipad 3 gen.. It only charge when you The sound of this dock is awesome, but I give to it one start because is not compatible with Ipad 3 gen.. It only charge when you plug in it on the dock, but doesn't play music, when you plug in the ipad on the dock the message 'this accessory is not supported by ipad" appears. Please fix this problem.
Thank you …
- Written by Francisco M from Granada
3 of 4 people found this useful
Great sound, good investment
- Written by Helen T from Bridport
0 of 2 people found this useful
Does not play music via Ipad!
I have just spent most of this morning in the Apple shop in The Trafford Centre with the Apple technicians trying to get this dock I have just spent most of this morning in the Apple shop in The Trafford Centre with the Apple technicians trying to get this docking station to play music via my ipad2. All we kept getting was the error message that 'this accessory is not supported by ipad' and it wouldn't play through the speakers - we could hear the music only from the ipad2. However it would charge the ipad2 OK.
After trying two different DC390 machines and a different ipad2, from within the store, the technician announced there was nothing more he could do and offered me a refund.
I left the store empty handed and extremely disappointed.
If anyone from Apple or Philips can give me an explanation as to why this product does not perform as stated I would be interested? I am still in need of a docking station with speakers, ideally with an iphone charger (I am aware of the DC291)..
I have given this 1 star and I was not able to submit this review with no stars. …
- Written by Antony S from Bury
8 of 10 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use a lightning to 30 pin adapter to use the iPhone 5s
- Asked by Jack D from Brisbane
I also had to buy two of the 30-pin adapters, but now both the iPhone 5 and iPad stand too high up, I also had to buy two of the 30-pin adapters, but now both the iPhone 5 and iPad stand too high up, so I have to support them with something firm behind them, like a piece of cardboard. Tacky, but cheaper than buying a new radio. …
- Answered by Doug G from San Jose
Can you use your ipad and play music through the docking system
- Asked by Chris H from Dartmouth
- Answered by Randall G from Gallatin
Are there options to have a weekend alarm ie 7 day, 5 day, 2 day?
- Asked by Bhavesh P from Cupertino
There is a weekend / weekday alarm setting
- Answered by Martial T from Houston
Will the latest ipad with retina display work on this?
- Asked by Varun P
As long as it is the iPad 3rd Gen, it's fine. It on works with the 30-pin connector and not he light As long as it is the iPad 3rd Gen, it's fine. It on works with the 30-pin connector and not he lightning connector. …
- Answered by Anup T
can you receive texts or calls when iPhone is in dock
- Asked by Carrie G from Montreal West
Will an iPad (3rd gen.) fit in the front and an iPhone 5 (with adapter) fit in the back?
- Asked by Thanasi C from Dallas
The front dock is about level with the top surface of the clock, so the iPad won't fit. The iPhone 5 The front dock is about level with the top surface of the clock, so the iPad won't fit. The iPhone 5 will, however, fit on the back with the adapter. …
- Answered by John S