OverviewAcme Made's Skinny Sleeve for the MacBook Air uses a unique stretch-stitch seam to allow for ultra-thin fully padded protection. There's also a sewn-in guard on both sides. The stylish elastic band ensures that your MacBook Air stays securely inside the sleeve.
- Ultra-thin design won't add bulk to your bag
- Stylish elastic band secures the MacBook Air within the sleeve
- Unique StretchShell neoprene is both water and stain resistant
- Sewn-in reinforcement on both front and back sides to guard against scratches and impact
Did you notice?Special StretchShell neoprene resists both water and stains.
Apple Recommends ForKeep your MacBook Air secure and protected on its own or inside another bag.
What's in the Box?
- Acme Made Skinny Sleeve for MacBook Air
- Height : 9.76 in./24.8 cm
- Width : 0.4 in./0.9 cm
- Weight : 0.65 lb./0.29 kg
- Mfr. Part Number : AM00918
- UPC or EAN No. : 056035365935
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty : Limited lifetime
Ratings & Reviews
Got this after looking at loads of alternatives. It fits snuggly round the Mac Air and slides into my messenger bag comfortably al ongside my iPad. It's sufficiently padded to give you that reassurance that it can withstand some knocks and bumps and keeps the Air from getting scratched. The strap is a nice feature to keep it secure and is also stitched to the bottom of the case, so won't get lost. Really pleased with it. …
- Written by Mike G from FALKIRK
29 of 30 people found this useful
I saw this case at apple store, but there is no black color. I tried the Purple one, it is very nice, well-touch. And also it is p retty light, which you even cannot feel its weight.
I purchased the black one without hesitation. …
- Written by Teng H from Egham
21 of 22 people found this useful
Bought one of these to go with my 2012 macbook air. Thought it was the best one the apple store had to offer. Excellent product ho lds the air snuggly and is thin enough to carry around with no hassle. …
- Written by Ian M from Scunthorpe
15 of 16 people found this useful
Brought this from my local Apple Store, loved it since first use. My MacBook Air slides inside perfectly and theres no chance of i t falling out. The elastic strap isn't really needed but adds a nice look to the case.
If you like it, buy it! You won't be disappointed. …
- Written by Paul W from Hemel Hempstead
3 of 3 people found this useful
I bought this case at the Airport. I needed some extra protection for my Macbook air as I just stick it in my Camelbak whilst trav elling. The slip case is a very close and slim fit. The protection is very solid the neoprene has a two plastic sheets inside to offer solid protection. I would recommend this cover especially if you are sticking your Macbook air in none-protected baggage. Well worth the £30 spent. I compared this to other slip cases at the airport and they seemed very feeble compared to this one. …
- Written by Andrew M from Montrose
11 of 11 people found this useful
2 words: Just perfect!
This case suits my new macbook air just perfectly. It's so slim and it doesn't slip away out off my hands like my old one did when I carried it around.
Just perfect! - I don't know what else to say... :) …
- Written by Boline S from Roskilde
13 of 13 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
According to the specs above... 0.65 pounds.
- Answered by Jesse B from Fruitvale
No zipper, magnets or flaps. The strap holds it in it's secure space.
- Answered by Tad A K from Monterey Park
No. No handle. Just the strap that will hold it in. I love mine.
- Answered by Tad A K from Monterey Park
- Asked by Alex S from Maspeth
Absolutely not. This case is specifically designed for the thinner profile of the MacBook Air and wo uld not accommodate a MacBook Pro. Acme does offer a version specifically for the MacBook Pro, though - you should look at those. …
- Answered by Marianne S from Haverhill
I purchased an Incipio Feather case (less than 1mm thickness) for my Macbook Air 11 inch. Will this sleeve fit on my Air with the case on?
- Asked by Shelly A from Seattle
Definitely go to the store and check first. I just purchased this case for my 11-inch MBA and it's E XTREMELY snug. It may stretch a bit eventually but right now my MBA barely fits in the case with nothing on it. …
- Answered by Sarah J from San Jose