Promise 2TB SATA Drive Module
The Promise 2TB SATA Drive Module is a hot-pluggable hard drive in a special drive carrier module designed for hot-swappable upgrade or replacement. The drive operates at 7,200 rpm and is equipped with 32MB of disk cache.
Serial ATA hard drives
Serial ATA hard drives combine low cost with excellent performance. Serial ATA drives feature a point-to-point interconnect to each drive, so each drive is electrically isolated from the others and multiple drives don't compete for bandwidth. The drives come with 32MB of disk cache, operate at 7,200 revolutions per minute (rpm), and use a protocol that enables fast data transfer to and from the hard drive—3 gigabits of data per second.
Tiered storage in a single RAID box
The Promise VTrak E-Class drive modules can be mixed inside a single RAID subsystem or in the expansion chassis allowing for flexible tiered storage configurations. 7200-rpm SATA drives deliver high capacity and excellent sequential performance for audio and video data.
Promise serial ATA drive module compatibility
These SATA drive modules are qualified for use with Promise VTrak E-Class RAID subsystems and VTrak expansion chassis only.
- Other Features: RAID Support
- Cache: 32MB
- Hard Drive Spindle Speed: 7200 RPM
- Maximum Transfer Rate: 3 gigabits of data per second
- Promise VTrak E-Class RAID Subsystem
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- UPC or EAN No.: 704118056996
- Asked by Nicholas L from Darlinghurst
No answers yet
- Asked by Alexis M from London
This is for hot swappable RAID storage only... Like for servers. It won't work unless you have a RAID device attached to your Mac Pro. …More
- Answered by David C from Fort Worth