Only Internet Security Barrier X6 provides comprehensive protection from malware, network threats and the many other security issues that Mac users may face. It includes full anti-malware protection together with firewall, network protection, parental control, anti-phishing, anti-spyware, backup and antispam features, and much more.
Stronger protection against changing threats
Cyber-criminals are turning to new techniques to infect and control your Mac, so focusing on malware or network attacks alone is no longer sufficient protection. In addition, children are at risk from inappropriate content, files and data need protection against loss or damage, and spam reduces productivity.
This latest version of Intego's security suite includes more than 200 new features, such as multiple threat-detection techniques, improved methods of detection, and a full range of defensive functions for malware and network protection, together with parental control, backup and antispam features.
- Trojan Horses
- Port Scans
- Data Loss
- Mailicious Have applets
- VirusBarrier X6
- ContentBarrier 10.6
- Personal Backup 10.6
- Personal Antispam 10.6
- FileGuard 10.6
- Protects against Mac, Windows, Linux and macro viruses
- Content filtering for children
- Antispam features
- Personal backup
Did you notice?You can also use VirusBarrier X6 to scan your iPhone and iPod for malware.
Apple Recommends ForSafeguarding your Mac from all known malware, network-based threats and many other security issues.
What's in the Box?
- Intego Internet Security Barrier X6 installation DVD
- Serial number (allows two simultaneous installations)
- Internet Access : Some Features Require Internet Access
- Mac OS X v.10.5 or later
- DVD-ROM drive
- UPC or EAN No. : 3760021600234
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Works great and doesn't slow my Mac down
Having used Norton and found it slowed my machine (MB Air) down really badly, I bought the X6 software.
I found it easy to inst all, works well and does not slow down performance of other programmes when running.
Well worth it as you get the licence for 2 machines too.
5 star from me. …
- Written by Andy P from Liverpool
41 of 45 people found this useful
Why buy this?
We purchased this software as we had problems with malware. Wish we hadn't bothered. Loaded it from DVD received, so many problems , first we rang Apple, couldn't help, ring Intego. Rang them, my French poor, their English bad. Was told it had loaded correctly. Next Day couldn't get into Banking or checkout on shopping sites. Uninstalled software and contacted Intego technical support. This did sort problem but what a mess. …
- Written by Denise M from Bognor Regis
73 of 85 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Sterling H from Broken Bow
According to the spec page where it says, "Serial Number", it only allows for two installations.
I saw on the Intego website that they sell a family pack for 5 macs for $95. …
- Answered by Rosette H from Las Vegas
- Asked by Abigail O
No, but you can scan your iPad for malware with virusbarrier from your Mac when your ipad is plugged . …
- Answered by Alex A
- Asked by Francisco R from Boca Raton
- Answered by Henry D
- Asked by Alyssa F from Huntingdon Valley
See Intego's website. It says, "For Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
(Leopard and Snow Leopard)"
- Answered by Matthew F from Roy