Originally released October 2012
21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
1TB Fusion drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB
Built-in FaceTime HD camera
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products, great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz)|
|Cache||6MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||8GB (two 4GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 16GB|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory|
|Storage1||1TB Fusion Drive|
|Display||21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 1920x1080 resolution with support for millions of colours|
|Wireless||802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking2; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology|
|Connections and Expansion||SDXC card slot, Four USB 3 ports, Two Thunderbolt ports, Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately, 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)|
|Video and Audio||FaceTime HD camera; Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display; Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
Stereo speakers, dual microphones, Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack), Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
|Size and weight||Height: 45.0 cm (17.7 inches)
Width: 52.8 cm (20.8 inches)
Stand Depth: 17.5 cm (6.9 inches)
Weight: 5.68 kg (12.5 pounds)3
The ultimate all-in-one. Honed to the cutting edge.
The first iMac was a revolution: an all-in-one computer that put everything — display, processor, graphics, storage, memory and more — inside one simple, stylish enclosure. Countless innovations later, we’ve raised the bar yet again. The new iMac includes the most advanced, most brilliant desktop display we’ve ever built, and it’s filled with the latest high-performance technologies. Yet it’s just 5mm thin at its edge with up to 40 per cent less volume than the previous generation. To do all that required unprecedented feats of engineering — and imagination. We invented new technologies, pioneered new manufacturing techniques and devised all-new ways to do more in less space.
75 per cent less reflection.
Full lamination has a second major benefit: it eliminates the reflection of light off the LCD panel and off the back of the display’s cover glass. But we also figured out how to reduce reflection off the front of the glass without compromising colour quality. Instead of applying an anti-reflective coating to the glass in a conventional way, we adapted a process used on smaller surfaces like camera lenses and fighter pilots’ helmets. It’s called plasma deposition, and it involves coating the glass with layers of silicon dioxide and niobium pentoxide so precise and so thin they’re measured in atoms. The result: an astounding 75 per cent reduction in reflectivity — and vibrant, accurate colours.
Advanced NVIDIA GeForce graphics. Next-generation speed.
iMac uses NVIDIA’s new Kepler graphics architecture to deliver up to 60 percent faster graphics performance than the previous generation4. That translates into more frames per second, smoother animation and better responsiveness when you’re using graphics-intensive apps like 3D games, high-resolution photo and video editors, and more.
Thunderbolt I/O. It’s all about speed and versatility. And speed.
With Thunderbolt, you get super-fast data transfer speeds and huge expansion capabilities. It features two 10-Gbps data channels per port, each up to twice as fast as USB 3 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800. And don’t worry about a single drive or peripheral tying up a Thunderbolt port: you can daisy-chain as many as six devices and a display.
Fusion Drive. High capacity meets high performance.
Fusion Drive is a breakthrough concept that combines the high storage capacity of a traditional hard drive with the high performance of flash storage. With Fusion Drive in your iMac, disk-intensive tasks — from booting up to launching apps to importing photos — are faster and more efficient. That’s because frequently used items are kept at the ready on speedy flash storage, while infrequently accessed items go to the hard drive. The file transfers take place in the background, so you won’t even notice. As the system learns how you work, Fusion Drive makes your Mac experience even better. And you don’t have to do a thing.
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 0844-209-0611 Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products5. Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point, and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using pre-production 21.5-inch 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i5–based iMac units with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M and 512MB graphics memory, and shipping 21.5-inch 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5–based iMac units with AMD Radeon HD 6750M and 512MB graphics memory, all configured with 8GB RAM. StarCraft II v184.108.40.20660 tested using the 2012 MLG Winter Arena EGldrA vs IMNesTea replay from 11:00-16:00 with ultra graphics quality, at 1920x1080. Half-Life 2: Episode Two v(4295)(420) tested using storm.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 1920x1080. Portal v(5042)(620) tested using LaserStairs.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 1920x1080. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using pre-production 27-inch 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based iMac units with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX and 2GB graphics memory, and shipping 27-inch 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based iMac units with AMD Radeon HD 6970M and 2GB graphics memory, all configured with 8GB RAM. StarCraft II v220.127.116.1160 tested using the 2012 MLG Winter Arena EGldrA vs IMNesTea replay from 11:00-16:00 with ultra graphics quality, at 2560x1440. Half-Life 2: Episode Two v(4295)(420) tested using storm.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Portal v(5042)(620) tested using LaserStairs.dem, maximum graphics quality, 4x anti-aliasing, 4x anisotropic filtering, at 2560x1440. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of iMac.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished iMac
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Power lead
Includes the Mac App Store, Safari, Mail, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, Notes, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Game Center, iTunes and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included (pre-installed) with refurbished products, subject to availability.