Originally released September 2012
Music, movies, TV shows, videos, games
Applications, ebooks, audiobooks, podcasts
Photos, Safari web browser, email, Maps
Built-in cameras + FaceTime
HD Video recording and editing
Nike + iPod support
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products at great prices
- Rigorous refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple’s one-year limited warranty
- Covered by Apple’s 14-day returns policy
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPods
- Supplies are limited
FaceTime brings video calling to iPod touch. So now you can see your friends and talk to them.
The remarkable 960x640 resolution on iPod touch makes everything you see and do on it look even more incredible.
HD video recording.
iPod touch lets you record, edit and share stunning HD video. And because it’s always with you, you’ll never miss a great video op.
iMessage lets you send unlimited text messages from your iPod touch to an iPhone, iPad or another iPod touch — free over Wi-Fi.
Even better gaming.
The A4 processor helps give you even more amazing gaming. And Game Center lets you play against friends anywhere in the world.
With iPod touch, you don’t just play your music. You hear it, and see it, in entirely different ways. Let Genius search your library and automatically create a mix just for you. Or give Genius playlist a go, and Genius will use a song you really love to find other tracks from your library that go great with it. You can also view album art in Cover Flow. Or shake to shuffle for a fresh take on your music library.
Films + TV programmes.
Your favourite films and TV programmes are now playing on a train or plane near you. Because you can buy TV programmes, or buy or rent films, straight from iPod touch. Shop at the iTunes Store and choose from thousands of must-see titles to fill your iPod touch. Then watch them on the amazing 3.5-inch colour widescreen Retina display.
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished iPod touch (4th generation)
- Apple Earphones
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 960x640-pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB or 64GB1
Power and Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Up to 40 hours of music playback2
- Up to 7 hours of video playback when fully charged2
- Charging times: About 4 hours (2-hours fast charge to 80% capacity)
Input and Output
- 30-pin dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone mini-jack
- Built-in speaker
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
Camera, Photos and Video
- Video recording: HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Still photos: (960x720) with back camera
- VGA-quality photos and video up to 30 frames per second with the front camera
- Tap to control exposure for video or stills
- Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR
- Maps-location based service
- Nike + iPod support built in
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
TV and Video
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats, MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format, Support for 1024x768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)
English (US), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan and Vietnamese
English (US), English (UK), French (France), French (Canada), French (Switzerland), German, Traditional Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Wubihua), Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji, Ten Key), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Catalan, Vietnamese, Tibetan, Macedonian and Cherokee
English (US), English (UK), French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malaysian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, Vietnamese and Cherokee
Size and weight
- Height: 111 mm
- Width: 58.9 mm
- Depth: 7.2 mm
- Weight: 101 grams3
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 10.7 or later (free download from www.apple.com/uk/itunes/download)4
Operating ambient temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F), non-operating temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F), relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing, and maximum operating altitude: 3,000 metres (10,000 feet).
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. iPod touch embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Brominated flame retardant-free
- Recyclable stainless steel enclosure
- Power adapter outperforms strictest global energy efficiency standards
We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 0800 048 0408. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products5. Our trained staff are ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1. 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- 2. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2010 using pre-production hardware and software. The playlist contained 358 unique audio tracks consisting of content imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC) and content purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC). Video content was purchased from the iTunes Store. Battery tests are conducted with specific iPod units; actual results may vary. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced (see www.apple.com/uk/support/ipod/service/battery). Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/uk/batteries for more information.
- 3. Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 4. iPod and iTunes are for legal or rightholder-authorised copying only. Don’t steal music. Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.
- 5. Following the 90-day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.