With built-in Thunderbolt technology — the fastest, most flexible I/O ever — the new Apple Thunderbolt Display can do things other displays simply can’t. Of course, it delivers a brilliant viewing experience. But connect it to any Thunderbolt-enabled Mac and it becomes a plug-and-play hub for everything you do. Features include a high-resolution, 2560x1440 LED-backlit display, a FaceTime HD camera, high-quality audio, three USB 2.0 ports, a FireWire 800 port, a Gigabit Ethernet port and a Thunderbolt port for daisy-chaining additional high-performance devices.
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
Thunderbolt technology built in.
Thunderbolt I/O technology lets you move data between your devices and your computer with unprecedented speed. With two channels of 10-Gbps throughput in both directions, it’s up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800. And it allows you to connect as many as six devices through a single, compact port.
The ultimate docking station.
With just one cable, connect any Thunderbolt-enabled Mac and get 27 inches of high-resolution screen space, high-quality audio, a FaceTime HD camera, FireWire 800 and Gigabit Ethernet ports — and a Thunderbolt port you can use to daisy-chain additional high-performance peripherals such as hard drives and video capture devices.
Plug in and power up.
The Thunderbolt Display includes a MagSafe connector that powers and charges your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.1 The connector sits on your desk, ready and waiting. No need to unwind the cord to the power adaptor that came with your notebook. Leave it exactly where it is, in your bag.
Made for the new MacBook family. A bigger display for your biggest ideas.
Connect your Thunderbolt-enabled Mac to the Thunderbolt Display for a panoramic viewing experience unlike any other. This huge 27-inch glossy widescreen display features a cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio and an astonishing 2560-by-1440 resolution. That gives you more room to work with apps on your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. And a worthy desktop companion to your iMac or Mac mini.
Full brightness with no waiting. That’s the big advantage of LED backlight technology. Unlike most displays that take time to warm up before they reach maximum brightness, an LED-backlit display is instantly on and uniformly bright. LED backlighting also gives you greater control over screen brightness. So you can tune the Thunderbolt Display to suit the ambient light in even the dimmest room.
Built-in FaceTime HD camera and microphone.
With the built-in FaceTime HD camera and microphone, you can connect your Mac desktop or notebook — open or closed — and make HD video calls2 or take a few snapshots using Photo Booth.
Thunderbolt Display compatibility.
Thunderbolt-enabled Macs, including the current generations of MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and iMac are fully compatible with the Apple Thunderbolt Display.
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera with microphone
- Built-in 2.1 speaker system
- Colours: 16.7 million
- Viewing angle: 178° horizontal; 178° vertical
- Brightness: 330 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Kensington security slot
- Energy saver mode: 1W or less
- Compatible with VESA Mount Adapter Kit (sold separately)
What's in the Box?
- Refurbished Apple Thunderbolt Display
- AC power lead
- MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
- Printed Documentation
- Screen size: 27 inches (diagonal viewable)
- Screen type: TFT Active-Matrix LCD
- Resolution: 2560x1440 pixels
- Color resolution: 16.7 million
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 375 cd/m2
- Contrast ratio: 1000:01
- Frequency Response: 12ms
- Cable type: Thunderbolt
Size and weight
- Height: 49.1 cm (19.35 inches)
- Width: 65 cm (25.7 inches)
- Depth: 20.7 cm (8.15 inches) with stand
- Weight: 10.8 kg (23.5 pounds)
- Three powered USB 2.0 ports
- Firewire 800
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Kensington lock slot
Camera and Microphone
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera with microphone
- Power: 100V to 240V AC 50-60Hz
- Maximum power: 250W (Thunderbolt Display while charging MacBook Pro)
- Operating temperature: 10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 47° C (-4° to 116° F)
- Operating humidity: 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
VESA CompatibilityCompatible with VESA Mount Adaptor Kit (sold separately)
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer, including MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro and iMac