Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||2.8GHz Intel Core i7|
|Cache||4MB shared L3 cache|
|Memory||4GB (two 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching|
|Hard disk drive1||500GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm|
|Optical drive||8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)|
|Wireless||AirPort Extreme (802.11n)4 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)|
|Expansion||One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), three USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), ExpressCard/34 slot|
|Video and Audio||iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Stereo speakers with subwoofers, omnidirectional microphone, audio line in minijack (digital/analog), audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
|Size and weight||Height: .98 inches (2.50 cm)
Width: 15.47 inches (39.3 cm)
Depth: 10.51 inches (26.7 cm)
Weight (standard configuration): 6.6 pounds (2.99 kg)3
New Intel Core i7 processor
The new Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors boost performance up to 50 percent over the previous generation. Based on Intel’s latest 32-nanometer process technology, these are the fastest dual-core processors available and they set an all-new benchmark for Mac notebooks.6
Inside the 17-inch MacBook Pro is the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M discrete graphics processor — the fastest graphics ever in a Mac notebook. With 48 processing cores and 512MB of dedicated video memory, this graphics processor delivers even more horsepower than the previous generation. And you don’t have to sacrifice efficiency for speed: The NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M is up to 30 percent more energy efficient than its predecessor. For even greater power savings, MacBook Pro also includes integrated Intel HD Graphics.
One charge. Nine hours.
Since high-performance graphics kick in only when you need them, the battery in the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro can last up to 8-9 hours on a single charge.2
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- For 15-inch MacBook Pro, testing conducted by Apple in March 2010 using preproduction 2.66GHz Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units. For 17-inch MacBook Pro, testing conducted by Apple in March 2010 using preproduction 2.53GHz Intel Core i5-based 17-inch MacBook Pro units. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information. The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 256MB.
- Testing conducted by Apple in March 2010 using preproduction 2.66GHz Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro units with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and production 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based 15-inch MacBook Pro units with NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT. All systems were configured with 4GB of RAM. Content was encoded using the Compressor 3.5.2 H.264 for iPod Video 640x480 preset and Qmaster with the maximum number of instances available on each system. Modo test files: BathFaucet.lxo and Couch.lxo. Tested using prerelease version of Motion 4.0.2. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Refurbished MacBook Pro
- MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Display polishing cloth
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Mac OS X is the world’s most advanced operating system, finely tuned. It installs easily, works with the software and accessories you already have, and is more streamlined, secure, and powerful than ever.
- Dozens of refinements and enhancements make your Mac faster, more reliable, and easier to use.
- Built-in support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 means you can use your Mac at home and at work.
- New core technologies unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware.
A major update to Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included (pre-installed or on CD's/DVD's) with refurbished products, subject to availability.