- Can I connect my Mac to an HDTV?
- In most cases, yes. You'll need a video adapter and/or a compatible cable. The Video Cable Chooser can help you find out which cable or adapter you need.
- Can I connect my Mac to a non-Apple computer monitor?
- Usually yes, with the proper cable or adapter. The Video Cable Chooser can help you find out which cable or adapter you need.
- Can I connect my Mac to a projector?
- Projectors typically have several input options and usually, you'll need an adapter to connect your Mac. Choose your Mac connection here and then your projector connection.
- Do I always need both an adapter and a cable?
- Some solutions are all-in-one adapter/cable combinations. In some cases, all you need is a cable.
- Which connection should I use on my HDTV?
- Most HDTV's have at least one HDMI input.If you have an available HDMI input on your TV, and your Mac has, or can be adapted to, HDMI output, this is your best option.
- What if my Mac does not support HDMI?
- Take a look at the back of your TV to see if any of the options above match a port on your TV.
- Will I need an additional cable?
- Unless you already have one, video adapters need a cable to complete the connection. Appropriate cables will be shown when you add an adapter to your Basket.
- I’m giving a presentation and I am not sure what connection I will need. What adapter should I get?
- VGA is the most common connection on projectors and is the safest bet if you are headed somewhere without prior knowledge of the projection system.
0800 048 0408
Our Specialists can answer all your questions. Just call us at 0800 048 0408, or visit an Apple Retail Store.