Select an iPad with Retina display
iPad with Retina display at a glance.
9.7-inch Retina display
Photos and videos look incredibly detailed and text is razor sharp on the stunning Retina display, which features over 3.1 million pixels — a million more than an HDTV.
With the powerful A6X chip, iPad is fast and responsive to your every tap, flick and pinch. And it’s also power efficient, so you get up to 10 hours of battery life.2
Shoot beautiful photos and video
Take sharp, detailed photos and shoot stunning 1080p HD video with the rear-facing iSight camera. And use the front-facing FaceTime HD camera for video calls with friends and family.
Get fast Wi-Fi performance thanks to 802.11n.3 And the Wi-Fi + Cellular model supports more networks for fast connections the world over.1
Powerful apps included
iPad comes with great apps for sending email, browsing the web and making video calls. It also includes apps that let you do amazing things with your photos, movies, music, documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Over 500,000 apps on the
The App Store has incredible apps designed specifically for iPad. These aren’t just scaled-up phone apps. They take full advantage of iPad technologies like the gyroscope, accelerometer and every pixel in the 9.7-inch Retina display. So there’s almost no limit to what iPad — or you — can do.4
What’s in the box
- iPad with Retina display
- Lightning to USB Cable
- 12W USB Power Adapter
iOS is even easier to use with features like Control Centre, AirDrop and smarter multitasking. And because it’s designed for iPad, everything not only looks beautiful, it runs beautifully.
Every iPad comes with complimentary telephone technical support for 90 days from your iPad purchase date and a one-year limited warranty.
Choose the iPad that’s right for you.
Wi–Fi or Wi–Fi + Cellular?
Wi-Fi model: Uses high-speed Wi-Fi networking to connect to the Internet. It’s ideal if you have a wireless Internet router in your home or if you’ll be using your iPad near a wireless hotspot in a coffee shop or school library, for example. There are Wi-Fi hotspots nearly everywhere around the world — iPad with Wi-Fi finds them automatically.
Wi-Fi + Cellular model: Keeps you connected to the Internet using a fast mobile data connection when Wi-Fi isn’t available. So you can stay connected when you’re commuting on the train, hanging out at the park or looking for directions on the road. It’s available without a contract, and service is sold separately. See your carrier for tariff information.
About Data Plans for iPad
To start mobile data service, you will need a micro-SIM card and a data plan. A number of no-commitment data plans are available that don’t require a long-term contract. You can start data service anytime after installing the micro-SIM card. Some plans can even be started from your iPad.
|Carrier||Data||Plan Cost||How to Start Data Service|
|4G 200MB free trial||
Start service and top up on your iPad.
Visit the EE site for more details
|4G 2GB lasts 30 days||£15.00|
|200MB per day*||£2.00||Select a data plan and start service on your iPad.
Visit O2 site for details
|1GB per month*||£10.00|
|2GB per month*||£15.00|
|4G 1 GB per month||£7.50||Data service starts automatically on your iPad.
Visit Three site for details
|4G 10 GB per month||£15.00|
|200MB per day||£2.00||Call Orange on 0800 079 2000 to select a data plan and start your service.
Visit Orange site for details
|250 MB / 30 days*||£5.00|
|1 GB / 30 days*||£10.00|
|200MB per day||£3.00||Select a data plan and start service on your iPad.
Visit Vodafone site for details
|250MB / 30 days||£5.00|
|1GB / 30 days||£10.00|
|3GB / 30 days||£20.00|
Mobile data service may also be available from other carriers.
* Includes Wi-Fi browsing; refer to carrier website for terms and conditions.
In the United Kingdom, consumers are entitled to a free-of-charge repair or replacement, by the seller, of goods which do not conform with the contract of sale. Under English law, consumers have up to six years from the date of delivery to exercise their rights. However, various factors may impact your eligibility to receive these remedies. For details, please read the Apple Products and EU-wide Consumer Laws page.
iPad also comes with 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support and a one-year limited warranty from Apple. To learn more about how Apple will service your iPad, please visit our Service Answer Center for iPad page.
Purchase AppleCare+ to get expert telephone technical support and up to two years of additional hardware coverage, including up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to an excess fee. For more information, please see the AppleCare+ for iPad page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all iPad models use the same type of SIM card?
No. iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display and iPad mini all use a nano-SIM card. All other iPad models use a micro-SIM card. Micro-SIM cards cannot be used in devices that use nano-SIM cards.
Do accessories for iPad 2 and iPad (3rd generation) work with iPad Air, iPad with Retina display (4th generation), iPad mini with Retina display, and
iPad Air, iPad with Retina display (4th generation), iPad mini with Retina display and iPad mini use the Lightning connector, which is different from the 30-pin connector on iPad 2 and iPad (3rd generation). However, you can purchase a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter to use with existing 30-pin accessories (except those that require video output). For more information about compatibility, visit the iPad accessory pages on the Apple Online Store.
Which adapter should I use to charge my iPad?
iPad Air and iPad with Retina display come with a 12W USB Power Adapter. iPad mini with Retina display comes with a 10W USB Power Adapter. And iPad mini comes with a 5W USB Power Adapter. If you need to purchase an additional adapter, choose the 12W adapter because it can charge all iPad models.
Which Smart Cover or Smart Case should I use
with my iPad?
The iPad Air Smart Cover and the iPad Air Smart Case are compatible only with iPad Air. The iPad mini Smart Cover and the iPad mini Smart Case will work with both iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina display. The iPad Smart Cover and the iPad Smart Case will work for the iPad with Retina display.
Wi-Fi + Cellular
|Capacity and Price6||
|Size and Weight7||
Dual-core A6X chip with quad-core graphics
|Wireless and Mobile Data||
|Cameras, Photos and Video Recording||
FaceTime HD Camera
|External Buttons and Connectors||
Connectors and Input/Output
|Battery and Power2||
With an all-new design and all-new features, iOS 7 is the mobile OS from a whole new perspective.
iOS 7 includes
Free Apps from Apple10
Find My iPhone
Find My Friends
|TV and Video||
|Mail Attachment Support||
Viewable document types
.jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
|Languages||View complete language support|
Use your voice to send messages, set reminders and more.
|In the Box||
- Data plan is required. Check with your carrier for details. Speeds will vary based on site conditions.
- Testing conducted by Apple in March 2014 using pre-production iPad (4th generation) units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback and Internet browsing using Wi-Fi or a mobile data network. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute film purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique audio tracks purchased from the iTunes Store. Internet over Wi-Fi and mobile data network tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over mobile network); the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off; brightness was set to 50%; and WPA2 encryption was enabled. Battery life depends on device settings, usage and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary.
- Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network and other factors.
- Refers to the total number worldwide. Not all content is available in all countries.
- AppleCare+ for iPad benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Mobile data service is available only on Wi-Fi + Cellular models. The model you purchase is configured to work with a particular mobile network technology. Data plan required.
- FaceTime calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. Availability over a mobile network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- GarageBand is free on the App Store for all iOS 7–compatible devices; additional GarageBand instruments and sounds are available with an in-app purchase. iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7–compatible devices activated on or after 1 September 2013. See www.apple.com/uk/ios/whats-new for iOS 7–compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Internet access required. Mobile data charges may apply.
- Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.