Originally released July 2011
13.3-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display
256GB flash storage
Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i7|
|L3 Cache||4MB shared|
|Memory||4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM|
|Hard drive||256GB flash storage1|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2|
|Ports||Thunderbolt port, two USB 2.0 ports, SD card slot|
|Audio||Stereo speakers, Omnidirectional microphone, headphone port, support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic|
|Wireless||802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology3|
|Size and weight||Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)4
“Wow, that was fast.” With MacBook Air, you’ll find yourself saying that a lot. Because flash storage is up to two times faster than a conventional hard drive,5 everything you do is more responsive and immediate — starting up, browsing a large photo library, launching applications, and opening files, for instance. When you combine the speed of flash storage with a fast dual-core processor and power-efficient graphics, your entire MacBook Air experience feels turbocharged. And flash storage doesn’t have any moving parts, which means it’s more reliable and quiet. Lightning fast, durable, silent — qualities that make sense in a notebook tasked with keeping up with you.
High-Speed Thunderbolt I/O
The breakthrough I/O technology pioneered on MacBook Pro and iMac now comes to MacBook Air, letting you connect multiple high-performance devices — such as external hard drives — through a single port. With two 10-Gbps data channels, Thunderbolt lets you transfer data at rates up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. Thunderbolt technology gives MacBook Air capabilities it’s never had before. Like attaching FireWire peripherals or connecting to Ethernet networks at gigabit speeds — two big gains from one tiny port.6
Long-lasting battery. Instant on. Even after a month off.
Since space-saving flash storage leaves room for a bigger battery, you can devote more time to the things you enjoy most. Things like browsing the web, editing photos, and watching videos. Get up to 7 hours of battery life on a single charge on the 13-inch model. Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days.7 When you come back to your MacBook Air and open it up, it’s on in an instant.
DVD or CD Sharing
With the Mac App Store, getting the apps you want on your Mac has never been easier. No more boxes, no more discs, no more time-consuming installation. Click once to download and install any app on your Mac. But if an app you need isn’t available from the Mac App Store, you can use DVD or CD Sharing. This convenient feature of OS X lets you wirelessly “borrow” the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around.
As incredibly compact as MacBook Air is, it still manages to fit a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And now the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light. A built-in ambient light sensor detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the display and keyboard brightness automatically. From a seat in a sunny café to a seat on a cross-country red-eye, you’ll always have the perfect lighting for any environment.
Need Assistance?We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 800-APL-CARE. Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products . Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.8
- 1GB=1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Memory available to Mac OS X may vary depending on graphics needs. Minimum graphics memory usage is 384MB.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in July 2011 using preproduction 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i7–based 13-inch and 11-inch MacBook Air units with 256GB of flash storage and 4GB of RAM. The 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based 13-inch MacBook units with 250GB 5400-rpm hard drive and 2GB of RAM were production units. Application launch, file copy, system boot, and system shutdown times were measured. MacBook and MacBook Air continuously monitor system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust processor speed as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Requires adapters, sold separately.
- Testing conducted by Apple in July 2011 using preproduction 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter deep sleep mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe Power Adapter
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included (pre-installed or on CD's/DVD's) with refurbished products, subject to availability.