How does this updated case fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version?
I was wondering how this case is made to fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version, which is significantly thinner and smaller in dimensions. Apart from the fact it has an adjustable strap, what will stop it from moving around, say from side to side, when the case is closed? Clearly it must have extra room to accomodate the chunkier regular MacBook, so I don't see how this case can properly *fit* the Retina version and give glove-like security.
- Asked by Reuben H from Salisbury
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this updated case fit both the regular MacBook Pro and the Retina version?)
3 Answers from the Community
I did buy the Thule 13'' Gauntlet 2.0 Thule for my 13'' Mac Book Pro w Retina based on the comment made by Dawson W from Phoenix (looking at his various comments it seems he is woring for Thule. I have just returned it.
The Mac Book Pro does NOT fit. It is loose and moving around (especially vertically). Watch out for something else!
- Answered by Christina G from Zürich
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Fits a Retina very poorly
- Answered by Andrew F from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Thule Gauntlet sleeve was designed with contouring in the case that gives a beveled edge and does a good job of holding down the slightly smaller Retina version when the elastic strap is secured. The Retina version is .43" shorter on the longest side (or .215" on each end of the case) and .32" shorter in depth (or .16" on the front and back). So while the Retina version has a slightly smaller overall diameter this case does a good job of holding both versions securely in place.
- Answered by Dawson W from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
does this case fit the macbook pro retina 15
- Asked by Theresa G from Largo
- Flag as inappropriate (does this case fit the macbook pro retina 15)
- Asked about: Speck 13" SmartShell Case for MacBo…
does it fit with shell case (MacBook Pro with Retina)
- Asked by Angelica D from Edgartown
- Flag as inappropriate (does it fit with shell case (MacBook Pro with Retina))
- Asked about: Incase 11" Neoprene Pro Sleeve for …