What is the difference between the Thule 13" Gauntlet Sleeve for MacBook Pro and the Thule 13" Sleeve for MacBook Pro?
I looked at the Thule website and the only sleeve product they had listed was the Gauntlet Sleeve, however the photo for this was that of the sleeve listed simply as the Thule 13" Sleeve. I am a little confused about the difference in these products as the outer of one is foam and the other fabric, so I just wanted to see if anyone knew the differences in protection offered by each. Many Thanks!
2 Answers from the Community
The Gauntlet sleeve that is listed on the Thule website is the first generation product,and the Gauntlet 2.0 sleeve on Apple.com is the second generation product. There are a few main differences between the 2. The first generation product does not have a velcro closure on the elastic strap inside the sleeve, and the second generation does. The contouring on the second generation is also improved to fit the newer model MacBooks and it allow for better airflow around the computer.
- Answered by Dawson W from Phoenix
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the thule gauntlet 2.0 Sleeve is an improved version. The corners of this case are more rigid and protect very well your mac , avoiding possible damage. The other difference is that this new version is lighter than the previous one. If u want good protection, design and light material go for this second version. Have a great Day!
- Answered by Alvaro P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will a 13' Macbook Air with a Thule 13' Molded EVA sleeve fit in the laptop compartment?
- Asked by Sarah S from Saskatoon
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 13' Macbook Air with a Thule 13' Molded EVA sleeve fit in the laptop compartment?)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 15" Saffiano J…
Are there any Thule Attache cases that will fit the MacBook Pro Retina 13inch?
- Asked by Joshua R from Port Arthur
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any Thule Attache cases that will fit the MacBook Pro Retina 13inch?)
- Asked about: Thule 15" Gauntlet Attaché Case for…
Would the Thule 13" Gaunlet Envelope Case for MacBook Air with MacBook Air Inserted fit into the Thule 15" Attache Case for MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Omar D from Rochedale South
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Thule 13" Gaunlet Envelope Case for MacBook Air with MacBook Air Inserted fit into the Thule 15" Attache Case for MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Thule 11" Gauntlet Envelope Case fo…